Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera Users Gather here...

Options
  • 22-04-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hows boards for you? For me its as slow as something very slow. This site seems to be a bugbear for Opera, It can fly relativly speaking but often its very slow as it is today. Very bad if loading more than one page.

I went into preferences and turned off Java script, the result is a masive leap in speed. Pages now take 2-3 seconds. Of course I loose many features but I'm so pissed off with the way java weights this place down I'll have to live with no drop downs etc....

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

I'm using opera right now Mike and if anything,I'm finding it slightly faster than firefox even with java enabled.

I do have a 2megabit connection with BT but if theres something wrong with opera, I should notice it?

This page was showing as loading at between 16 and 22kbs.
    not a patch on the speed of something like digital spy which comes in at 40kbs or more but normal enough for my experience with boards given the resources they have and certainly a lot faster than they used be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno! My head is messed up with this. I have re-enabled Java and its going okay now but its very hit and miss. Something not a problem on any other mesasage board except http://forums.mbnz.org/forums/ which can also be slow.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Its fine for me today, all day.

Opera 7.54 / Windows XP SP2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's fine with version 7.51. I tried version 8 and boards was in bits with it. Not so much the access time, but the display. Actually version 8 seems like a POS to me, I haven't found one useful new feature and none of the bugs are fixed, like the google ads obscuring the drop-down menus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm using 8, over 7.53 And boards is displaying just fine. Give us a screen shot.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Didn't take one when it was installed, but all the fonts in boards were about 4 sizes too big and changing them in the preferences section had no effect at all. My email headers in M2 were also completely mangled.

Advertisement