Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing done to food in a restaurant?

• 22-04-2005 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

When working in food/catering/hospitality, what has been the worst thiNg that you have done (Or seen done) to someones food?! :D
    Ive often wondered if people really do still spit ( :eek: ) on things these days!YUM!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Freezing prawns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Fight Club.

I never, ever, mess with people who serve me food, dangerous thing to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

EYE DROPS IN THE MAYONASE wasnt for a customer it was for one of the chefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I remember when the square had a barn dance after closing a few years after opening [I swear to god they did]!

I was working in MaccerDonalds & 2 scumbag kids came in gave mountains of abuse to a French girl who was serving at the counter. One of the scummers asked for a hamburger only ketchup and onions!

Poor b@stard is probably still sick after the sh!t that was done to his burger:

1) Hamburger meat cooked as normal
    2) Dropped into grease traps at the side of the grill & fished out again
    3) Dunked into the pickle juice
    4) Put back on grill
    5) Covered in seasoning [with excess being shook off]
    6) Dropped on floor & walked on
    7) Back onto grill
    8) Placed on nicely caramelised bun with only ketchup!

He ate it right in front of us ... I couldn't eat a hamburger for years after that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

*Page* wrote:
    EYE DROPS IN THE MAYONASE wasnt for a customer it was for one of the chefs

Didn't CSI do an episode where a guy died after his drink was spiked with Eye Drops?

• Advertisement

i work in maccy d's too.. i was helping out (i ususly only did the cash desk cause i could speak english!) in the back one day and one of the lads snezzed big green nasty stuff on to his hands and continued to dress the burger! i nearly got sick and gave him loads of abuse!! dirty fecker!!

eugh!

ye but it was something to do with the sweets in the end! not the eye drops at all!! eye drops will just give you the sh!ts (if you drink salt water you get the sh!ts and or vomiting)
    i did it years ago i was only 13-(22 now) and the head chefs kept on shouting at me to do stuff that i wasnt meant to even made me cry but he was the head chef. so when he was going on his break he asked me to get him some garlic mayo drop's(break for him was when the rest of us would start cleanin) so on my way to the staff room dropped by my mam(the manager) took her eye drops and put it in the mayo he had to call in sick the next day (he had a bad case of the sh!ts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

i've seen stuff to gross to say, but one thing i will say, just to contribute, is that my friend likes chips with her vinegar, and eats salt on cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

yukers on the burger one, thats peee-hew! ive never really done anything nasty...seen lotsa flies in my day though! :eek: squished 'em like bugs so i did

Advertisement