Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Synchronization Problems

• 22-04-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Some of you may think that the following is familiar because I did indeed post something similiar up before, however I asked a different question in that and feel it is un-necessary to drag up an old topic.

My problem is that Router (Netopia 3347W - the wireless one they provide) can't syncronize with the exchange for longer than 10seconds. Once 10 seconds elapses it loses synchronization and then attempts to resync, which it does, however only for 10seconds before losing it again... and again... and again...

Now I've ruled out line noise and it was suggested to me by a friend that the problem is that our line isn't actually enabled for DSL and thats why we keep getting thrown off... could this be true?

Or could anyone suggest anything else that may be the problem

...and yes the router is configered per se the instructions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

If your line isn't enabled surely you wouldn't get any synchronisation at all. Not even for 10 seconds. What have Eircom said on the matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They have asked I do a hardware reset - which I did many times before they told me but to no avail

They said I should try plugging only the router into the phone line - which I did many tines before they told me but to no avail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

sounds to me like a hardware fault in the router if it lastst for 10 seconds every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

They have asked I do a hardware reset - which I did many times before they told me but to no avail

They said I should try plugging only the router into the phone line - which I did many tines before they told me but to no avail

Get back on to them and insist on an escalation to a service engineer. They'll send someone out to either fix the line or replace the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Like he said, Your router may be on the fritz and may need to be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

if you have a friend nearby with a working eircom modem you might try it at your house to see if it's any different,if their modem synchs yours is probably faulty,if not it is a line prob.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Everythings sorted now, the engineer rang me this morning at 5:30am and asked would anyone be in the house this afternoon. Once he got here he spent a good 2 hrs taking apart eircom boxes before eventually realising that there was nothing he could do here to make it work and get his €60. He spent the next few hours in the exchange before ringing us to tell us everything was okay. Apparantly there was a faulty something or another at the exchange... I wasn't to bothered about catching the name of it because I was browsing at over 100k a second!

Advertisement