Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade ISDN to broadband in a non broadband area?

• 22-04-2005 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I've been trying to get wireless broadband but IBB don't cover the particular 'black spot' in the area of Phibsboro I live in so I've gone ahead an ordered a landline so I can hopefully get Eircom Broadband but even at that I know that there's a chance I won't be able to get it. Somebody told me, if this was the case, that I can get ISDN installed so that I will have two 'loops' and then when I have the wiring switch to DSL. Does this make sense to anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

eriftips wrote:
    Hey,

I've been trying to get wireless broadband but IBB don't cover the particular 'black spot' in the area of Phibsboro I live in so I've gone ahead an ordered a landline so I can hopefully get Eircom Broadband but even at that I know that there's a chance I won't be able to get it. Somebody told me, if this was the case, that I can get ISDN installed so that I will have two 'loops' and then when I have the wiring switch to DSL. Does this make sense to anyone?

yeah m8..someones filled ya with a false hope tbh.

if ya can't get adsl on yer new eircom line then no provider can provide ya with it. best to say to direcom that your only gonna take the line on that basis otherwhie your being misrepresented in the sale of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if its a distance issue, ADSL2+ may work on it, ie. Smart Telecom, otherwise, if its line quality/noise, then quite possibly as above

Advertisement