Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Rangers

• 22-04-2005 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I heard them talking about this on Newstalk this evening, at first I thougth they were joking. Sorely tha manager will not risk playing him, He could do career threatening damage if the knee is dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Cannot see Celtic losing this one. A win will put Celtic 5 points ahead with 4 games left. Bellamy looks as if he will try and demolish big Marv.

No more Mr. Nice guy
    CRAIG BELLAMY has warned Rangers there will be no repeat of the meek attitude that made his Old Firm debut instantly forgettable.

Watch out for the Pepperami :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The winner of this match is clear favourites to win the league. I'd take a draw now tbh after recent results against Rangers, plus the fact that MON will be playing Sutton in central midfield and Petrov on the right.

Can't wait for this match. As usual, not expecting great football but I couldn't care as long as Celtic get something out of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yea, Celtic have been coming out the worse in the derby's of late and getting the rub of the green in some matches to be in the position they are in. They need to be firing on all cylinders from start to finish to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Like eirebhoy i'd take a draw, we have to dominate midfield we totally lost the plot at parkhead rangers wanted it more,pity pearson is injured we need someone with more pace in the middle. I'll say 2-1 Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

welol, naturally id like to see rangers win, but i think it will be a draw.
    i also dont think celtic will slip up for the rest of the season.

but then again, its football, aint it :)

i bet the liverpool fans werent expecting a lose at palace today, so anything can happen in scotland.

although i think rangers have th more difficult run in.

WhiteWashMan, curiosity is killing me, where are you from?

why?

• Advertisement

welol, naturally id like to see rangers win

The reason I ask

why dont you tell me the real reason you want to know
    ive put lots of things on boards.ie and you have never asked this before.
    what makes this different?

I just assumed everyone on this forum interested in Scottish Soccer would be a Celtic Supporter since most irish people that follow the SPL are Celtic Supporters. I didnt expect to hear from a Rangers Supporter on this forum. Thats the real reason I ask, just curious

Spurs supporter with the added spice of a Rangers fan to wind some people up ;)

Hopefully another one these moments tomorrow

http://img232.echo.cx/img232/1123/4jnigw6gv.jpg

There is a subway strike tomorrow which will knacker a lot of Rangers supporters :) I will be catching our supporters bus at 11.15 tomorrow morning.

A good montage of pictures here to get into the mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL I love the attitude if your irish you have to support Celtic. I know several irish guys who are Rangers supporters.

As for the match on paper I would expect Celtic to win but it is a derby and you never know in football. I do expect the winner of this match to win the league in Scotland.

Spurs supporter with the added spice of a Rangers fan to wind some people up ;)

i dont think its appropriate for you to tell people whom i do and do not support.

i personally see no connection between ireland and celtic that would cause me to support them, and who i support is my own business.
    Dempsey wrote:
    I just assumed everyone on this forum interested in Scottish Soccer would be a Celtic Supporter since most irish people that follow the SPL are Celtic Supporters. I didnt expect to hear from a Rangers Supporter on this forum. Thats the real reason I ask, just curious

mistake number one.

never assume anything. after all, with that statement alone i could assume many things about you.

I never said you had to support Celtic. The majority of irish people just do and this being an irish website. Anyways forget about it.

i bet the liverpool fans werent expecting a lose at palace today, so anything can happen in scotland.

What odds are you offering . I'd take a punt ;)

I don't support either team but it's usually a hughly entertaining game, and the footballs not to bad on occasion either.

i dont think its appropriate for you to tell people whom i do and do not support.

Touchy, notice the wee ;) at the end, anyway am I telling a lie?
    i personally see no connection between ireland and celtic that would cause me to support them, and who i support is my own business.

Your choice of course

mistake number one.

never assume anything. after all, with that statement alone i could assume many things about you.

It is a fact that the vast majority of Irish fans who support an SPL team support Celtic. Nothing sinister about that or a conspiracy against the 'mighty' Gers.

I think it was a perfectly genuine question from Dempsey and people talk about Celtic paranoia

good for you.
    and to answer your question, no.

youre wrong.

and where i come from has nothing to do with who i support or why. luckily, i feel able to make my own mind

notice this -> ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Is there any live streaming of this match I can watch?

I have Sky Digital, so I don't have Setanta :(

C'mon the Gers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hope both teams loose, but I don't think that'll happen, but since the only player of any note to me is Bellamy, I hope rangers win, cause he is just mean spirited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Looks like Marvin Andrews is playing...... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

can we talk scores?
    looks like this game is over. 2-0 celtic already. 1/2 hr played. Title sorted as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Go on the Celts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

1-2
    heh

kinda surprised though
    rangers seemed to be doing better in the derbys lately

good win for celtic.

cant see them losing the title now.

They deserved it, considering the half chances both sides made a mess of. Rangers only really got going at the end of each half.

If Celtic lost two games now, they deserve to lose the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

The game is on Ch. 436 now for free, it appears.

• Advertisement

Excellent :) Celtic demolished Rangers in the 1st half and the withdrawal of Bellamy early in the 2nd allowed Rangers back into it as Celtic were happy to defend the game.

Some strange bookings from the ref

5 points ahead with 4 games remaining, the title is staying at Paradise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

5 points ahead with 4 games remaining, the title is staying at Paradise :)
    I thought Rangers were the champions. :confused:

2005 - Celtic
    2004 - Celtic
    2003 - Rangers (by 1 goal)
    2002 - Celtic
    2001 - Celtic
    2000 - Rangers

2005 - Celtic
    2004 - Celtic
    2003 - Rangers (by 1 goal)
    2002 - Celtic
    2001 - Celtic
    2000 - Rangers

They should have their own League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

He's like me and you he hates souness too walking in a bellamy wonderland :D

The Muppet wrote:
    They should have their own League.

lol very good

What about this pair?

2004 - Arsenal
    2003 - Man Utd
    2002 - Arsenal
    2001 - Man Utd
    2000 - Man Utd
    1999 - Man Utd
    1998 - Arsenal
    1997 - Man utd
    1996 - Man Utd

An EPL and SPL top 2 (maybe 3) league? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

:D:D:D Carlsberg don't do Sundays, but if they did..........

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/3282/carlsberg2gt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

lol very good

What about this pair?

2004 - Arsenal
    2003 - Man Utd
    2002 - Arsenal
    2001 - Man Utd
    2000 - Man Utd
    1999 - Man Utd
    1998 - Arsenal
    1997 - Man utd
    1996 - Man Utd

Thats trends about to be broken though and a year previous(to 1996) a different side had one it .

So we will enter an era of Chelsea domination (as long as the money flows and Mourhino stays) with the odd blip (like Blackburn Rovers) when Man Utd or Arsenal will win it. Competition for the English title is not too dissimilar to the Scottish title in so far as the usual suspects are there or there abouts.

Anything Irish and I'm supporting them. I know Celtic aren't Irish but they are ambassador's for our country. I don't know how many American papers called Celtic Irish when we played in the pre-season tour in the US. I could post up a load of pictures with foreign stadiums covered in Irish flags. Enough the send a shiver down any Irishman's spine. :)

lol very good

What about this pair?

2004 - Arsenal
    2003 - Man Utd
    2002 - Arsenal
    2001 - Man Utd
    2000 - Man Utd
    1999 - Man Utd

1998 - Arsenal
    1997 - Man utd
    1996 - Man Utd

An EPL and SPL top 2 (maybe 3) league? :D

Looks good to me. ;)

• Advertisement

I still can't believe people think Bellamy is the full shilling:
    Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has told Craig Bellamy he has no future on Tyneside after sending insulting text messages to Alan Shearer.

It was reported over the weekend that Bellamy, currently on loan at Celtic, sent gloating messages to striker Shearer and Shepherd’s son Kenneth after Newcastle’s FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

Shepherd has now confirmed that did happen but claimed Shearer told him in no uncertain terms he would not be welcome back at St James’ Park.

Shepherd told the Daily Express: “It’s true that messages were received from Bellamy’s phone – but he got more than he bargained for from Alan Shearer.

“The text he sent to Kenneth was mildly upsetting but what he said to Shearer was insulting.

“It was along the lines that he was past it and his legs had gone and that he was going to come back here from Celtic.

“I can tell you there is no chance of that. Bellamy has taken on a hero in Alan and there is only one winner of that one. And it is not Bellamy.

“Alan might have thought twice about firing off a reply but he was obviously so riled he reacted. He told Bellamy he would knock his block off if he ever set foot back in Newcastle.”

Bellamy joined Celtic on loan until the end of the season in January after a public fall-out with manager Graeme Souness.

He scored the decisive goal in Sunday’s crucial Old Firm win over Rangers but has now been ruled out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury. His long-term future is still to be resolved.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=74771950&p=7477z3z4&n=74772421&x=

:D

BTW - he's out for up to 3 weeks.

If souness became my manager, i'd crack up too:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm trying to imagine Shearer (or anyone born after the 18th century) saying "Ah'll knock yer bluck oarf, ken". (sorry, can't spell Geordie).

eirebhoy wrote:
    I still can't believe people think Bellamy is the full shilling:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=74771950&p=7477z3z4&n=74772421&x=

BTW - he's out for up to 3 weeks.

i'm starting to like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Dempsey wrote:

There's a hell of a lot of Irish people based in counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone that support Rangers.

Do you not consider them to be Irish?

I got talking to a guy on holidays in Crete back in 2001 who worked in a sports shop in Belfast. He said that overall the Rangers shirt was the biggest selling football shirt in all their shops.

good win for celtic.

cant see them losing the title now.

strike one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    I got talking to a guy on holidays in Crete back in 2001 who worked in a sports shop in Belfast. He said that overall the Rangers shirt was the biggest selling football shirt in all their shops.

and I bet the majority of those that bought Rangers shirts consider themselves British , but thats off topic .

Big Ears wrote:
    and I bet the majority of those that bought Rangers shirts consider themselves British , but thats off topic .

and?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I have a Rangers jersey - does that make me British? Born in Dublin and now lived here for 23 years. Both teams are SCOTTISH!

Also, definitely think Celtic will win the SPL this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement