Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight's EL akshun

• 22-04-2005 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

5 games. all 0-0 currently

Bohs V Harps
    Bray V Mighty Blues
    Cork V Drogs
    Derry V Rovers
    Pats V UCD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All dark at the Carlisile Grounds. Kick off has been put back to 8pm but the lights are still fukked. Looks like it wont be going ahead at all.

Woo hoo! Lights finally coming on in Bray. Might be a game

Derry 0 - Rovers 1

Derry concede their first goal of the season

Pats 1 UCD 0

Derry 0 Rovers 2

Pats 2 UCD 0

• Advertisement

Pats 3 UCD 0

Bohs 1 Harps 0

The lights have gone off again at Bray. Still no sign of that game getting going

Game all ready to go in Bray.......

But now there is a problem with one of the goal nets! :rolleyes:

Derry 1 - Rovers 2

Yes yes yes

Bray 0 Waterford 1

Purcell with the goal

• Advertisement

Derry 1 Rovers 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Derry getting hammered and Cork only drawing.

Great news for Shels.

Why you not at the game KevIRL?

seansouth wrote:
    Why you not at the game KevIRL?

Couldnt get off work today to get up to Bray. :(

Bray 1 Blues 1 :(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Bray 1 Blues 1 mistake by kevin waters left Ryan in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Drogheda beating Cork City in Cork, Derry getting destroyed at home by argubley the worst Rovers team of all time. All in all, not a bad night for Shels as things stand.

Slash/ED wrote:
    All in all, not a bad night for Shels as things stand.
    Understatement of the night there.

Georgie O'Callaghan booked FOR DIVING.

Yes that's right, for cheating.

George O'Callaghan booked for cheating, the diving cheat..

(gimmick, before you react to this, I have corrected it later in the thread)

2-1 to bray :(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bray 2 blues 1

• Advertisement

UCD one back in Ichicore.

Where Ger Rowe scored two for Pats.

seansouth wrote:
    Understatement of the night there.

Georgie O'Callaghan booked FOR DIVING.

Yes that's right, for cheating.

George O'Callaghan booked for cheating, the diving cheat.

:eek:

That's not like Georgie "The Saint" O'Callaghan and Cork City who have never commited a foul in their entire existance according to some of their fans. Obviously a multi-national anti-Cork conspiracy that's spread to Scottish refs.

:D

Drogs are down to ten men though.

As are Finn Harps.

Cork free outside the box, Georgie to take it.

He missed.

Yessssss!!

Harps man sent off is McHugh too, one of the only people on their team who is capable of getting a goal for them. Can't see even Bohs cocking this one up, unless Harps have any ex-Bohs players who they can throw on with 30 seconds to go for a gaurenteed goal.

The rayjo is painting a nice picture of Rico going mad on the sideline.

:eek:

UCD have another one against Pats.

3-2 to Pats.

And bleedin Derry do too.

Derry and UCD have both reduced their deficits to 3-2 ones, both sound like incredible games, a draw would seem like a win for either of them.

Hmmmm.

Correction to a previous post, O'Callaghan wasn't in fact booked.

He did dive though.

Just not booked.

He has been now though.

• Advertisement

Linesman you little dixie.

Cork had the ball in the net.

Now the keeper has been hit by an object from the crowd.

somehow I doubt it was a rose from the Cork "fans"

Gotta love Scottish refs.

Bohs finally win a match, FT now, 1-0 to Bohs v Finn Harps.

Cork booed off the pitch. Great for Shels, but also for Drogheda, a big big win for them in the title race.

Still playin in The Brandywell.

Still 2-3 to Rovers.

Finished in Turners X

0-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

great set of results for us tonight :D im dead chuffed.

• Advertisement

All over, Derry go from not letting a single goal in to letting three in and are finally beaten.

if Rovers still have McCourt by the time the summer transfer window closes I'll be amazed.

Great results for Shels tonight.

Top of the League :D:D

Get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I hate UCD

3-0 up after 30 minutes completly and utterly crapping on UCD we hit post have about 4 more chances then half time approaches and Pats fans know whats coming, they **** and gave us 3 goal head start but they do their usual hack and slash approach and scab 2 of the moungiest goals i ever seen.

I hate UCD they bring nothing to the league, even when they scored, there one and only fan cheered he could be heard all over the ground. Superb 1st half same from us played some very nice football (cos we were allowed to) but once them gits got their hack and slash going our nice and fancy midfield disappeared.

We need a striker someone who just bloody holds the ball up and scores tapins, rumours of Crowe heading our way scare me :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Is Ger Rowe the striker you keep mentioning Pats were in need of Kdjac? :)

It seems you answered that question in your last sentence sorry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is Ger Rowe the striker you keep mentioning Pats were in need of Kdjac? :)

Hes a Shelbourne player that being the correct word, not an out and out striker him and Doyle practically one and the same.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Aww well cork lost, typical poor home destroying our good chance for the season.

PS all those shels fans, the type of baiting on here of the oppisition's team and fans will not go unnoticed. Its trolling and flaming and the same rules apply to this thread as do premierleague threads. Just keep it civil. please or things will get nasty and bannings will follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just back from the Drogheda match. Pretty even I thought and a draw would have been the fair result. Unfortunately George O'Callaghan was denied an equaliser by the assistents offside flag.

I'm afraid all the talk will be off the pitch. Some idiot threw a GLASS BOTTLE from the Shed towards Dan Connor in the Drogheda goal. Although the bottle didnt hit him, it is a very serious incident and the club will be in big trouble after this. Unfortunately there is an ugly scummy element at the back of the shed that have totally disgraced the club. :(

Everybody in the Shed were disgusted and luckily for the guy that did it, he was taken away in by the gardai. He was better off in the paddywagon as the rest of the Shed weren't too happy about what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I hate UCD

3-0 up after 30 minutes completly and utterly crapping on UCD we hit post have about 4 more chances then half time approaches and Pats fans know whats coming, they **** and gave us 3 goal head start but they do their usual hack and slash approach and scab 2 of the moungiest goals i ever seen.

I hate UCD they bring nothing to the league, even when they scored, there one and only fan cheered he could be heard all over the ground. Superb 1st half same from us played some very nice football (cos we were allowed to) but once them gits got their hack and slash going our nice and fancy midfield disappeared.

We need a striker someone who just bloody holds the ball up and scores tapins, rumours of Crowe heading our way scare me

kdjac

I agree mostly I do thing Roe is a great player though and will bag a few goals for us this season but we do need somebody with strenth up front.
    We did play some great stuff first half but should have but away our chances. second half was desperate horendus football but a win against UCD is a win against UCD and Kdjac UCD had at least 3 times the number of fans you mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Another great result for Bray , who knows maybe a mid-table finnish is on the cards on not the relegation struggle most were expecting . But being realistic , I just can't see us keeping this up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'm afraid all the talk will be off the pitch. Some idiot threw a GLASS BOTTLE from the Shed towards Dan Connor in the Drogheda goal. Although the bottle didnt hit him, it is a very serious incident and the club will be in big trouble after this. Unfortunately there is an ugly scummy element at the back of the shed that have totally disgraced the club. :(

Everybody in the Shed were disgusted and luckily for the guy that did it, he was taken away in by the gardai. He was better off in the paddywagon as the rest of the Shed weren't too happy about what he did.

spot on applehunter, some fcuking twit giving us a bad name.. made me feel ashamed to be a city fan, there's no fcuking need to do that.. chances are he wasnt a city fan, just a scumbag looking to cause trouble.. an absolute disgrace and whoever's responsible should be banned from the ground for life.. there's no need for that at turner's cross or ANYWHERE around the country.. connor could have been seriously hurt and then we'd be up sh!t creek then.. to say i'm annoyed, and angry is an understatement...

as for the match itself.. terrible performance.. p!ssed off over that too

jank wrote:
    PS all those shels fans, the type of baiting on here of the oppisition's team and fans will not go unnoticed. Its trolling and flaming and the same rules apply to this thread as do premierleague threads. Just keep it civil. please or things will get nasty and bannings will follow.
    Yeah cool. Hold my hands up and apologise, I'll tone it down.

I even changed my sig.

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Great results in favour of Shels last night! Delighted for Bray,a nother few good results and they'll have nearly guaranteed safety, unless they lose every game afterwards! Excellent tbh! :D

Advertisement