Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Out for a Month

• 22-04-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently his groin injury is worse than they thought at first, It looks like he will miss the FA Cup Final. BiG blow for the Gunners for the run in as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

wow, huge blow. but until i see the team sheet for the final i wont believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exellent news! When do we play the Gooners?

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Id say he will make the cup final alright. He is usually a quick healer and rarely gets injured. The final is more than a month away so give it time yet.

Other than that arsenal have 2nd place more or less wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeah Henry's brilliance is in part his ability not to get injurd and to heal quickly. That said he is a big loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Arsenal without Henry
    is like Mu without Fergie,
    or Ireland without O'Driscoll.
    If Henry does not play Arsenal will have some hard problems.
    Bergkamp is not 25 any more and Reyes still needs to play a great game for the Gunners.
    Not looking good for us! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

It is truly a pain in the arse (no pun intended) as, if Arsene Wenger is the God of Highbury, Thierry is surely the son of God!

I and I'm sure every other gooner was looking forward to him breakin Ian Wright's record this season. But since he needs 6 goals, and he's gonna be out for at least 2 weeks, it doesn't look likely. Van Persie will step in though, and Aliadiere is fit again, so at least we have those 2 to think about.

Also, I just want to point out that Henry has never had a truly good game at Cardiff. In fact, you could partially blame his poor finishing for Arsenal's failure to win the FA Cup in 2001 against 'Pool. Against Chelsea he was anonymous, against Soton he couldn't finish an easy chance in the first 12 seconds and was then pretty much marked out of the game by Lundekvam. Against Utd in the semi last year he came on too late to change things, but I could see why Arsene had kept him on the bench - when it really REALLY matters, in a big big game, Thierry either blows the opposition away or is invisible.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is God, but he always disappoints at Cardiff.

Gilberto's return to fitness, allied with Van Persie's discovery of good form, not to mention Senderos' solid last few games, will stand Arsenal in good stead going into tomorro's London derby and (fingers crossed) the FA Cup Final on May 21st

Advertisement