Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an old friend.

• 22-04-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an old school friend of mine by the name of John Bracken. Lost contact with him about 2 years ago. Originally from monaghan went to St. Macartan's College. Last I heard was that he moved to cork, did Computers in DCU. Any help would be apprieciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

While we are on the subject of looking for people.. my sister came was home from usa a few months ago and met an old flame.. every time she rings since she asks me if i can find him. All I know is that he lives somewhere near the the showgrounds.. His name is Paddy joe Creedon. Does anyone know him? or is he here? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

btw to op.. have you looked up the phone book? I guess that was the first thing you did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

D wrote:
    I'm looking for an old school friend of mine by the name of John Bracken. Lost contact with him about 2 years ago. Originally from monaghan went to St. Macartan's College. Last I heard was that he moved to cork, did Computers in DCU. Any help would be apprieciated.

I think I know who you are looking for, but you'll have to convince me that you know him before I give you any details.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was pondering that myself - would it not be easier (and, dare one suggest it, safer) to make the person being sought aware of this thread and get them to PM/email the searcher, should they feel comfortable doing so? (this suggestion being a blatant copy of how friendsreunited works)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

nesf check your PMs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Fysh wrote:
    I was pondering that myself - would it not be easier (and, dare one suggest it, safer) to make the person being sought aware of this thread and get them to PM/email the searcher, should they feel comfortable doing so? (this suggestion being a blatant copy of how friendsreunited works)

I'm planning on getting a contact number/email off the OP and passing it onto John with the relevant details, thus keeping his details out of the public domain. I'm not about to hand out a person's contact number to anybody who asks for it on here.

That would be more than a little silly!

Advertisement