Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying announcer at Connolly Station

• 22-04-2005 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

that girl who makes the announcements. Her voice is so annoying, i cringe every time she makes an announcement. And wtf is with the way she pronounces "platform" she says it like "pllllllllllatform". Seriously, its really annoying. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Umm no comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

enterprise you know more than you're letting on ;)
    You know her? You must agree though, the way she announces platform is seriously annoying.

Yes I know her and I actually think she is quite good at her job.

yes it is clear and audible, but the way she pronounces that just irritates me. Ive heard a lot of other passengers comment on it too.

I pass your comments on to her when I see her next! :D

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah I know the one you mean and have to say the "Dub accent" IS annoying alright (not just this girl, but a lot of her colleagues in CIE too) but at least you can hear her.

I hate when you're on a train/DART and you cant hear what they're saying because of crappy speaker/lots of background engine noise/muffled voice etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

L5 wrote:
    Her voice is so annoying
    You hear the message rather than drowning it out with all the other city sounds? Yeah? Her job is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Has anyone ever made her do a prank announcement?

"Mr. Oliver Clotheshoff to the informtion desk please" etc you got the gist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it was annoying enuff when it was heard that Iarnod Eireann apologise every morning and evening for delay services. as it always, it was technical. thank god, my dart days had over, no longer a commuter! anyway, thanks dart u hv been great help. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yes, I've had Mike Hunt paged once at my school.

Have ye heard this one? http://users2.ev1.net/~prank/heathrow3.wav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I heard an announcer when I was in Connolly on Sunday. Other than "Portadow-in", I didn't have any problems.

Advertisement