Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just a quick question

• 22-04-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

i ordered irish broadband here in cork about 6 months ago finally after 5 months a technician came out to check for line of sight he said i'd be able to get it in 2 weeks once the churchfield site opens 4 weeks passed hadn't heard anything. I decided then to forget about IBB and get my phoneline reconnected and try to get broadband this way. Eircom were very quick to connect me got reconnected within a day brilliant. But the next day IBB said they were ready to connect me what a bummer. I havn't signed any contract with eircom yet does that mean i can get disconnected straight away or do i have to wait 12 months.
    :confused: Or should i keep my phoneline and wait for smart and forget about IBB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're proberly on the Eircon 2 month trial at the moment then? If so you can cancel provided you give them a months notice in writing (correct me if I'm wrong on the timescale) before your trial ends.

Try and hold off and see what's happening with IBB recently though, they seem to have gone against the wishes of almost everybody and added in a poorly thought out Quality of Service (QoS) setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

cheers for the quick reply,
    i didn't get the 2 months free broadband off eircom i was 12 hrs late i just got the phone line reconnected it had been inactive for a year they sent me out a contract today to sign and send back to them. i think i'll have to toss a coin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hold off on the contract signing as long as possible ;)

IBB looked good on paper as I say, but I'm not sure what they're playing at recently ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭tom thumb

will do thanks for the advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I don't think you sign anything with Eircom. Your order over the phone is effectively agreeing to the contract. It's only a 6-month contract so it's not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement