Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn help please

Options
  • 23-04-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hello , new to boards, thought i might gel a little help setting up isdn- no sign of dsl around here for some time.
    eircom set up the isdn and the line seems to be in good shape,
    i bough a hayes accura terminal adapterbut i cant get a connection. i tried a few numbers that should have worked with isdn but no joy. so i contacted hayes support.
    i'll paste the corrospondance here and hopefully somebody can verify what he says about the phone co. - eircom.

ME
    i'm trying to get an isdn connection to the internet but i keep getting a "error 651 modem " i don't know if the fault is with the line or the modem. the isdn line has just been installed and was tested by the technician. i have re-installed the drivers and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts. any help would be appreciated. thanks, mike comer

HIM
    Just verifying, the drivers were accepted without any error ???
    In Device Manager/Network Adapters, what is listed ?

In your ISP dialer, does it list an NDIS WAN option & just one is selected ?

In the Utility program, Diagnostic, enter your own ISDN number & click 'loopback'. What happens ?

What service pack is installed ??

ME
    hello, thanks for your reply
    the drivers are accepted without error
    the devices are listed as "isdn pci card" and "ndis wan miniport adapter"

i have tried the dialer with each one individually selected and with both selected.

last night the diagnostic tool was giving a "cannot find an lapd link" error
    today it went to 3 quarters of the transfer bar before eventually giving the error message. and now it continually gives the same error without any transfer.

as for the service pack, i was originally using sp4 but i had trouble installing the drivers for the accura, i have since formatted the hardrive and the drivers loaded with no problem so i want to get this working before i update windows.
    thanks, mike comer.

HIM
    The LAP D error generally indicates that the ISDN line you have comes in through some form of PABX ? The line is probally set to 'point-to-point' ?
    Our unit requires 'point-to-multipoint' format, such as HomeHighway or a direct line in of ISDN2e.
    The line engineer should be able to change this option?

Regarding W2K service packs......
    We have found that the ISDN PCI card and external ISDN USB terminal adapter can not install under Win 2000 SP4 or Win 2000 SP3 with the Recommended Updates Q814033.

Solution:
    Please see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b822831
    This article details the problem and provides a link to download a hotfix from Microsoft's site.
    The link can be found under the resolution section. Install the hotfix and then install the ISDN device

hopefully this post is not too big it seemed the most straightforward way of explainin things. i would appreciate any light you couls throw on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mikesee

just an update to that - eircom say that i am set point to multipoint.
    i can't seem to get to the bottom of this. bythe way sorry about the typos above.

Advertisement