Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DNS

• 23-04-2005 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Since the other night I'm having problems getting to certain sites (example: gnome-look.org ), I've asked around with friends and it seems only people with eircom broadband are affected. I can connect to the ip no problem (which brings me to kde-look.org unfortunately), so I can only figure its a problem with the Eircom DNS name servers.

Anybody else been having similar troubles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you are having trouble with DNS, try specifying alternative DNSs for your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

Dont know why eircom have this problem, but its been around since january 2004 afaik.
    Using the proxy - webcache.eircom.net:82 will work around your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

No... I can't connect ot that site. Was up? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i can get to it, but i've not been able to get to www.open24.ie for a couple of months now. iolbb+ though. the sites up, i can get it from work, just not home.

i think there's something somewhere messing with our pc's. must be the gremlins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

that site is fine for me.

eircom bb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

fine here too

eircom bb

but earlier today I couldn't access it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Eircoms DNS servers have their moments every now and then, and you get bucketloads of "not found" errors. Then 2 minutes later everything's OK again. It's Ok at the moment, but last week it had it's moments during the day. I've tried reporting it, but can't get past the first-level support drones :(

Advertisement