Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this place is DEAD

Options
  • 23-04-2005 4:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

it was once so beautiful but now its gone all the regular members seem to have dried up and moved on. Most of them where in the year above me in school but since people have left they seem to have left boards behind I like reading on boards what was happening localy (ie brysons) but even now it seems to have lost all appeal due to cramped conditions, bumped up prices and second rate drink, but saying that the crack was never bad. So I was wondering what exactly could be done to bring this place back to life? Johnny has tried to keep things going with some bs threads about the n ireland footy team and the polical situation at times but they all died a dead, is this forum next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

ack j0e dont be so down.. :)

there are a few nornies about boards who never post here.. maybe because the topics here arent right for them. i dont know. :(

with regards a certain pub - no good bands play there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I would post more often but I don't really have much to say that is specifically North related. I'd point out that the golden age joe imagined involved a lot of arranging events and mindless spam. Not many topics were much to do with the forum, it was more an area for a group who knew each other.

I believe Mr The Fox has been quite manful in his attempts to maintain the boards and I try to comment when feel I have something to contribute.

Ask not what North Board can do for you Joe. Ask what you can do for North board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

this board IS ALIVE! ALIVE I TELL YOU! (ahem)

No. Your right, is died a death. Oh for the days of mindless spam. It was easy access in school, thats why they're were so many posts, i remeber the days when we rivaled the East Ireland board, as in Dublin.

Ah well.

Is it any wonder it's dead, you won't even respond to the thread you started!

pauldeehan wrote:
    Ask not what North Board can do for you Joe. Ask what you can do for North board.

He has abandonned his civic duty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Is it any wonder it's dead, you won't even respond to the thread you started!

Its cause I ve got nothing to say

j0e wrote:
    Its cause I ve got nothing to say

THATS NOT THE SPIRIT OF NORTH BOARDS! YOU'VE LET THE OLD WAYS DIE A DEATH MR.90.

In the past we posted, not because we had insightful comments to make, or even an opinion to make, but becasue we loved north boards, and using the boards as a medium to slag each other.

Oh for days like that.

ure ghey, Muzz is ****e at cs, none of 129 are gd at WOW

LET IT BEGIN

j0e wrote:
    none of 129 are gd at WOW

LET IT BEGIN

Surely this is a compliment, implying they have social lives.

This is nice. The warm glow of nostalgia.

Quick Paul, do a multiple click combo spell on that L45 tinky winky, before he smites you! (-15 quid a month to waste as much time as possible) At least cs was free!

• Advertisement

*resist*

ure ****

Advertisement