Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Bray dead?

• 23-04-2005 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

It is for me at least. Died last night some time. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Ripwave died for me at about 1am last night, but its back this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dadsarmy

Yep mine died early friday night, also out in Greystones, no tech support at weekends, unless anyone else has another number to ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

My connection died at 00:35 A.M. I'm on the Guinness mast. Was in the middle of a clan war... Made me quite angry :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

ye my mates connection around the corner died at about 10 or so.
    Must be some major problems or someone put on the QOS by accident ;)

/edit Bray just so you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Lads, this does not inspire me with confidence. I was about to apply for the service but now I dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

8pm last night here 3rock called them and he had it up again by 9:15pm. I asked if it was isolated and he said it was isolated to my sector.

now im stuck on 512~kb :mad:
    but laptop was on last night and clocked up 2.7Gb dl and ~4-5Gb UL i think :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

this is the first time ever it has happened i believe especially completely knocking people off and it looks like it could be nationwide if no one has posted yet saying that they are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

3rock and okay, no problems here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Couldn't get online first thing this morning. Had a nice strong signal to the transmitter (bts 110... RTE?), but couldn't get an IP address. Seems to have been resolved at about 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's back up again in Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I'm in Bray and my connection died sometime between 6pm and 7pm last night and just came back a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Also off Bray, and service just back.

It seems to have been their gateway - 83.141.66.65. I connected using my trusty old modem [ah, the good old days!!!] and couldn't reach it from there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

I was convinced it was my radio as the green light had turned red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Service just back too :( + dose anyone know when IBB is upgrading ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Back on in Bray, I was wondering what was wrong and tried to get through to tech support, but I think it would be easier to organise a meeting with Hitler. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

cranoo wrote:
    Back on in Bray, I was wondering what was wrong and tried to get through to tech support, but I think it would be easier to organise a meeting with Hitler. :D
    Does it strike anyone as a wee bit cheap to provide a 24/7 product and 8/5 ["Our offices are open from 9 to 5.30, Monday to Friday etc etc"] support? :confused:

They should at least stick a message on their ***** answering machine saying they know there's a fault and that they are working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

richardo wrote:

They should at least stick a message on their ***** answering machine saying they know there's a fault and that they are working on it.

I Argree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know Things can go wrong from time to time, but ffs let people know that there will be a down time, before the down time yesterday I had just installed a driver, went for a piss, came back to the puter and no IBB, I done a sys restore to get rid of the driver I had just installed (maybe it was the prob??) anyway to no avail, tried to call tech support for hours and guest what silence, :eek: :eek:
    I was just about to reformat the puter thinking it was ****ed, before IBB came back :D:D which would have taken some time, so IBB please dont leave me in the fcuking dark again PLEASE :confused:

Advertisement