Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks Ecksor {The Ecksor appreciation thread}

Options
  • 23-04-2005 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is not just a bad joke or what but if Ecksor has really stepped down I have to say he will be a big loss to this site. Like many others I had my "issues" with him but I respect the tough job he had trying to Police this place with its diversity of opinions and I did like the dry humour he used when passing sentence.

In one of my first threads on Boards I got myself into a row here on feedback. I felt I was being oppressed and being a noob I started to spout off about my right of free speech etc etc and Ecksor reply was "you have the right to remain silent, Now stfu" . I though that was a classic put down.

I don't know why he is gone but whatever it is the guy has obviously given a lot of time and effort to the site and whether you agreed with his decisions or not he usually had a spark of humour in his deliberations and for that he deserves hugh credit.

Thanks Ecksor I fear you'll be a hugh loss.

The Muppet
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd say what happened is the yanks heard about your opression and decided to 'bring democracy' to boards.ie ... this is clearly all your fault.
    Hard luck ecksor, say hello to saddam for us won't you?

Seriously though, great effort over the years from ecksor. Have yourself a well earned break from the whiney noobers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

:[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I thought he was fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thihnk ecksor was apprecaited more than anyone really realized.

you dont miss it til its gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

True WWM. I've only been here since December but never had any bad experiences with him.Why did Ecksor step down anyway, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I thought he had a good approach, wherever there was muppetry you land on it, hard. This discouraged more of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

everbody dance now

*sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Whilst I'd mirror the sentiment of the thread.

My understanding in Gerry Adams would describe this as "he hasn't gone away you know" - a sabbatical afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ecksor, sorely missed, not just for his adminning but for his dry one-liners.

Good luck ecksor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Gordon wrote:
    ecksor, sorely missed, not just for his adminning but for his dry one-liners.

Good luck ecksor.

With that dry cool wit he could be an action movie star.

Ecksor, most people have to deal with a dearth of human stupidity in their day to day life. To make it your hobby to deal with inane stupid mupperty on the internet, that takes a special kind of crazy. I personally expected you to snap, go out on the roof of trinity college with a high powered rilfe, and start getting proactive about this crisis......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

/gets out the Joni Mitchell

Don’t it always seem to go
    That you don’t know what you’ve got
    Till it’s gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot

All I wanna know now is who is underneath the concrete...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Muppet slapper of the highest order and we salute you.

He'll be back - he can't stay away from tearing mupperts to pieces for long.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

While the cats away the mouse will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Legend

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"He's not gone away you know". We have a few things to sort out and once thats done we'll be back on the road I hope, better then ever. I do miss him, even though I argue with him a lot :):)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

We wuv woo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I miss ecksor too, he was the tastiest admin by far!, I could lick him all day long.

Therefore, I too would like to subscribe to the Ecksor Appreciation Society. Do you have a slogan? teeshirts? Banners?

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Vexorg wrote:
    I miss ecksor too, he was the tastiest admin by far!, I could lick him all day long.

Therefore, I too would like to subscribe to the Ecksor Appreciation Society. Do you have a slogan? teeshirts? Banners?

V.
    'He will be Ecksorely missed'

Ecksor, eck-admin.

etc.,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

As sorely missed
    As an Ecksor cyst

As sorely missed
    As an Ecksor cyst

let the punning begin.........

both of you will be first aganist the wall when my revolution comes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

His bluntness on any topic was great. Definitly unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Vexorg wrote:

V.
    You forgot the badges. Any cool society would have badges!

BuffyBot wrote:
    You forgot the badges. Any cool society would have badges!

And a secret handshake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DublinGal

Frankly I think he was a bit of a tw@t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

DublinGal wrote:
    Quiet you.

/Pats ecksor on the back
    Pats ecksor on the back again
    Pats ecksor on the back a little harder
    Smacks ecksor/

Cheers ecksor....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

He called me greenhorn. I called him Tony Randall. It was a thing we had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

DublinGal wrote:

and yet you have 6 posts, sounds a bit fishy,
    I far one don't know who he is, only saw some of his posts about mustard, seems a bit odd but hey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

and yet you have 6 posts, sounds a bit fishy,
    I far one don't know who he is, only saw some of his posts about mustard, seems a bit odd but hey!
    Oh yeah? Then why did you post saying you were chillipop/basquillech to Basquille and then edit it after Mathhew the Big started a thread on Feedback about it? Jesus Fitz, you just don't learn. It's irritating gom's like you nthat drove ecksor away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement