Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon Project

Options
  • 23-04-2005 1:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I am in my final year of secondary school (Leaving Cert / Abbey Tour / GCSE's watever you wanna call em!) and for my Construction Studies I am doing a project on Radon, where I discuss what it is, the background to it, its history, the effects of Radon, how radon gets into a house, where it causes problems, how to fix during construction, how to fix in a pre-built house without any protection etc etc. Its nearly 30 pages (which is above average for a project brief) and I also done a pratical project which shows the footings of the house (undisturbed soil, foundation, ground level, insulation, DPC/DPM, Extneral - Cavity - Internal Walls, Radon Barrier and of course the Floor Level. Its done at a scale of 1:10 for those in the know how of construction).

I am trying to spice the project up, I have set the line spacing to 1.5 and justified the text. I have plenty of colourfull pictures along the way throughout the project to do with whatever I am discussing in that area (eg. when I discussed that it causes lung cancer, I had a diagram of the human body with the long and inhaling of the Radon and the affect it was having on the lung) but I am in need of a few more. I have a friend who is great at drawing so she offered to draw a few, espicaly my main request: Replacing the logo / header of the project which is currently just a word art - with something decent. But we need some inspiration on what the logo should look like, so I am asking you guys to put forward some suggestions. I need it done by Thursday Night at the latest! Here is what I have in mind so far:

A simple logo with Radon in fancy writing with gas rising from the bottom and up and around the logo.

Again, Radon in fancy writing but this time with the gas and/or a house with a big red "x" through it showing its radon prone kinda.

Finaly, Radon in fancy writing with the slogan "Radon - The Silent Killer" and with the stages of a mans life in it. Growing up in a radon infected house, slowly becoming more and more ill, coughing a lot and eventually diying. (This one would probably go on the very first page of the project which shows the title of my project and my exam no.)

Anyone else have any for me then?! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I like the last one about the silent killer. That would b great at the start.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv got one so far done, its gonna be the main logo. Just a house with Radon in the middle with the gas flowing around it. Kinda nifty :)

Advertisement