Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blog Themes

• 23-04-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Has anyone made any good themes for WordPress, MoveableType, pMachine etc ?

Would be interesting to see other creations. I must get off my arse and make a nice skin for my Wordpress blog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Done me a bit of work now and designed my up a theme based on Tim Burton's Vincent :)

I'm liking WordPress and the options to edit files within it's control panel. All fairly simple to do too, I'd recommend it highly

daveirl wrote:
    Yeh that's cool alright :) So many possibilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Check out the following for themes and plugins for WordPress 1.5

http://wrc.os42.com/ WP1.5 Reference Center

http://www.unknowngenius.com/wp-plugins/ WP Plugins Database

Enjoy ;)

c0y0te

• Advertisement

I was thinking this thread could be more for people who've spent ages making their own themes and wanted to show them off. As opposed to just showing sites where you can get themes other people have made

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

http://cult.redbrick.dcu.ie/blog

I could probably flesh the design out a bit more, but I like it.

I know it's probably very easy to do but does anyone know how to remove the borders around the links when you use images as links in wordpress?

Not sure which file to edit but there's no options in the dashboard to do it :(

daveirl wrote:
    Ah excellent! Thanks daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

finally... i remove mambo away, replace with wordpress! :D

i like the features and control panel is easy to use... the default theme is simple and eye-relaxing... ;)

i have had hosting for many years yet i don't really have a homepage... never blogged or watsoever... only a forum board and it died a year ago... :p

now coz wordpress is kinda fascinating, i can't think wat to do with it... but hunting for a nice theme maybe first thing to do... but there are so many nice ones out there... and doing one on my own, errr not at the moment.. lazy bastard... :D

p/s : found one strong and simple... put on my wordpress.. try http://www(dot)beserah(dot)com :D

mart_max wrote:
    ... but hunting for a nice theme maybe first thing to do... but there are so many nice ones out there... and doing one on my own, errr not at the moment.. lazy bastard... :D
    That's what I thought at first. I found a good theme with proportions similar to what I wanted and basically just changed all the colours and Photoshopped me up a logo and some more graphics. It's pretty easy to do once ya get goin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I'm kinda make use of WordPress for more than blogging page. Currently I am working on a corporate website, found a nice simple them and managed to work around with the sidebar. I installed the plug-in for putting "page" as frontpage and I'm loving this WordPress. Yay! The layout is ready, now need some efforts on theme colours and graphics to suit the corporate image. Yeeeha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

tcal is powered by wordpress. it's just so damned powerful and easy to customise. i think i based it off an existing theme right at the start back in september,but I've changed it so much i think i can call it all my own now.
    it's gone from 2 to 3 and then back to 2 column layout over the last few months and it was piss easy to do!

Advertisement