Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

album review board

Options
  • 23-04-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Thought it would be a good idea to have a album/music review board - kinda like the film review board. Surprised there isnt one already ! - what ye think ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

It's a good idea but I think the music section is too categorised as it is.

There's a whole Music category, covering all sorts of genres whereas there's just a Film forum under the Arts category.

I reckon it'd be difficult to put in a music review board cos there's already loads of forums covering different types already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What steveland? said.

Besides, what's stopping you from posting a review in any of the other music boards? Is there any "NO REVIEWS" rule in charters that I'm unaware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

well there are alot of different styles of films but that doesnt stop reviews on the film review board. I think it would be more benificial to have all review under the one forum and if it was really necessary prefix the thread with the type of music it is. What wrong with seeing reviews of rock if your usually only interested in punk or metal if your usually only interested in indie or post-indie-punk-rock (:))if your interested in jazz.

well there are alot of different styles of films but that doesnt stop reviews on the film review board.

But there aren't different boards for different styles of film, that's the whole point.

Just because there are different music boards doesnt mean there cant be one album review board. Would there be so many albums review that the board would be unmanageable ? Probably not.
    It would also simplify the process by having just one board - if there was a need in the future then sub boards under each style could be created.

• Advertisement

My arguement isn't why there shouldn't be one, but why should there be?

I see no need for it. There's nothing stopping you, or anyone else from writing an album review on any of the current music genre boards, and there's certainly none of the forums being overweighted with review threads. So what exactly is the need? It would just be another pointless, needless forum that's there simply for the sake of it.

It would just be another pointless, needless forum that's there simply for the sake of it.

like the mustard,bubles,open source,game awards,cake/pie,etc. the list goes on.

Just thought it would be a nice idea to have a forum to look through when looking to buy some new albums, instead of having to look through 4 or 5 fourms and then still there are few album review unless its in a thread for something like "the greates albums of all time"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Have you looked at the film reviews board in recent times? I don't think people even write reviews any more, it's just Film Title "What you think of this?"/"Is dis ne gud?"/"Best film evar!"

That board needs to be heavily moderated or scrapped and reintegrated with the main board. It was a really good concept but it hasn't really done too well in the end.
    I could see the exact same thing happening with an album review board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I wrote a review on it once (of 2046) and just stopped looking at it after a heap of replies from morons that don't know what an "opinion" is...

Reviews are too subjective to have their own board. It works in theory if people actually think and express their opinions but you're always going to have tards who just reply "wot r u on bout, that film was sh!t"

Makaveli wrote:
    Have you looked at the film reviews board in recent times? I don't think people even write reviews any more, it's just Film Title "What you think of this?"/"Is dis ne gud?"/"Best film evar!"

That board needs to be heavily moderated or scrapped and reintegrated with the main board. It was a really good concept but it hasn't really done too well in the end.
    I could see the exact same thing happening with an album review board.

I support this action 100.02%

• Advertisement
Advertisement