Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Mate Jam V XDAII V PDA2k

Options
  • 23-04-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

Well I've been talking about buying a PDA for a long time and I finally think it's time I took the plunge.

I want a PDA that has GSM as I dont want to have to carry my 6230 along with a PDA, so I've being looking at the XDAII high spec but a little bulky, I'm also looking at the I-Mate Jam pretty high spec and a nice size and also the I-Mate PDA2k which has the best spec.

Prices:
    The PDA2K on expansys.ie is over €900 but on http://www.dweiniger.com it's availble @ €627.55 plus €60 for shipping.
    The I-Mate Jam is €590 on expansys.ie while the XDAII new is about the same but can be picked up second hand and I'm currently looking at one for €300.

Spec:
    Jam:
    Processor : Intel Bulverde 416MHz
    ROM : 64MB
    RAM : 64MB SDRAM

PDA2K:
    Processor : Intel PXA263 400MHz CPU
    Flash ROM : 64MB
    RAM : 128MB

XDAII:
    Processor : Intel Xscale PXA 263, 400MHz
    64 MB ROM
    28 MB SDRAM

All 3 have GSM, GPRS and Bluetooth, the PDA2K has WiFi built in.

The sizes are as follows:
    I-Mate Jam (58mm x 108mm x 18.1mm)
    XDAII (69.9mm x 130mm x 19mm)
    PDA2k (71.6mm x 125mm x 18.7mm)

So I'd love to know which people think would be the best option for value for money, and has anyone bought anything from www.dweiniger.com.

DubWireless any suggestions??

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh and can anyone confirm that all 3 will work on the vodafone network here.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

I have the imate JAM. It works on the vodafone network. No problems, I would highly recommend it. Great size, does everything I want it to do.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

sidekick ever thing of selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

sidekick wrote:
    I have the imate JAM. It works on the vodafone network. No problems, I would highly recommend it. Great size, does everything I want it to do.
    Where did you buy it sidekick?

How many megs do you normally use a month?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

tcp/ip --> I'm not planning on selling it - not yet anyway.

I bought it from expansys.ie last February.

I don't know how many megs I download per month. I bought a wireless SD card for it and tend to use it mostly - especially at home with my wireless network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement