Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Accounts

• 23-04-2005 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I was wondering how long it takes for UTV to cancel your account after you call them. Do I need to cancel before I order another service from another provider? And would they keep me connected until my other account is activated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Irishpimp

i think it takes 6 months for the to cancel ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As long as your 12 month contract with UTV is expired, then it should only take 1 month for them to cancel your account. You will not be able to initiate a new account with another provider untill the UTV connection is gone, so you cannot get broadband with UTV up to the point where someone else takes over. There will be down time.

Having said that, given UTVs very poor customer service lately, it could take longer than 1 month if they're feeling particularly inept when you call.

Get an acknowlegement in writing from UTV when you cancel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

1 month!! Why in gods name does it take one month to push a few buttons and make a call or two???
    The companies(ISP's) seem to be able to pull a free trial quick enough eh? 1 day for Eircom. I suppose they want there moneys worth outta me before I go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

1 month!! Why in gods name does it take one month to push a few buttons and make a call or two???
    The companies(ISP's) seem to be able to pull a free trial quick enough eh? 1 day for Eircom. I suppose they want there moneys worth outta me before I go.

It takes a month because on completion of your twelve month contract you then have a rolling month's contract. It is the same with virtually all the isps except for presumably EsatBt with their new offering although they may still require some notice.

If you are transferring to anyone else but Smart or a wireless isp in theory there should be no down time and you can ask the isp you are transferring to to look after that for you. There is a particular form invovled apologies but I cant remember the name of it just now:)

Hey since it is the end of April will that shorten the wait, since my 12 monther ended the 1st of this month supposedly the next one will end 1st of May, so im open game for other ISP's then, or no am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

DSL Transfer Authorisation Form (DTAF)
    Esat/BT e-mailed it to me or you can give them your name and address and they'll post you a hard copy.
    Their advice to me was to cancel UTV, apply for Esat/BT BB and fill out the DTAF form and post it back to them.
    They say the transfer takes up to 20 days to happen but they say their is no downtime :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hey since it is the end of April will that shorten the wait, since my 12 monther ended the 1st of this month supposedly the next one will end 1st of May, so im open game for other ISP's then, or no am i wrong?

No afaik its a rolling month contract so dates from the date of notification.

Ok thanks for the info. at least I wont have to rush the changeover before the end of this month.

Advertisement