Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect an addtional phone socket

Options
  • 23-04-2005 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi

Just moved in new house but the addtional phone sockets arent connected to the master socket ( the lower part comes off )

Would anybody have a diagram where I need to connect the 6 pairs ?

Any help greatly appreciated ;)

Vic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Normally:
    - you only need to connect 2 wires (one pair) for each phone to work.
    - the other 4 wires (2 pair) are redundant

How many additional sockets are there?
    Are they all wired back to the master socket or are they in a loop i.e. in parallel from one socket to the next?

Tip: you may have to have the removable section of the socket in situ for the phones to work - some master sockets have a little magnet in the cover - and it won't work if it isn't in place.

hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

Hi

Thanks for the info

I looked at the back of the master socket : I have a Blue cable connected to L1, a blue and white to L2, an orange and white to S1 and orange to S2

There's an IDC with 4 slots > should i connect my new cale to this idc ? if yes, in which order as there is no indication ?

:confused:

Vic

Advertisement