Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

underworld/basement jaxx

• 23-04-2005 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

any one going? 20th august marley park.
    i'm going to see underworld in Serbia but definitely gonna go to this, seeing Underworld in my local park will be a bit mental!link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

My gawd I'm definatley going to this. Underworld live are amazing - even listening to their Everything, Everything CD you can feel the atmosphere.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kientrinkwasser

It's tomorrow and I cant wait!!

I was at the exit festival in serbia with Griffdaddy and UW were sooooo good, I just hope it's dark when they are on, the lazers are savage!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

What did you make of their new material? It was there that they played it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i thought the new material was really good, but i might be biased seeing as i like drum and bass and it has a kinda drum and bass second toughest in the infants sound to it.
    either way, their sets are amazing and they've reverted to the more flowing 'one big song' format instead of breaks between songs. If someone gives me some storage i'll upload an xvid of the entire exit gig. i also have all their videos if anyones interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

fire it up onto megaupload.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

Arrvied at 5.30 and it took so long to get in that I listened to most of Mylo's set from outside. Got in just as "In My Arms" was on and some guy was going absolutely mental (in a violent way) and was being pinned down by security. Dunno what happened except Mylo had said to "stop ****ing about". Drop the Pressure was amazing. At this stage, I thought "Mmm..this is gonna be good".

Went into the dance tent next for Rex the Dog (I think). But whoever it was, thumbs up. It was mental (in a good way)..Things are getting better and better.

Back out to old favourites Underworld. No matter how many times or in how many places you hear Born Slippy, it never fails to send a shiver down my spine. It was more of a set than when I saw them in Creamfields which was more like all the big tunes...The kids in the corner of the stage was crazy. the little lad in the brown kept jumping for the whole show!

Back to the tent for Erol Alkan. The tent had filled up a lot since Rex the dog. I'm have trouble describing atmospheres like this. Erol Alkan is on fire, crowd is going nuts then Gwen Stefani's - Its my life tune is played and the atmopshere moves up about 100notches. I was so so happy. It was symbolic of everything I love about dance/electronic music. DJ on fire, wicked music and a cool crowd. Left for the bassment jaxx when I heard Higher State of Consciousness. Damn..what a finish that would have been.

It would be fair to say that the majority were here to see the Bassment Jaxx. They kicked off with Good Luck and from then until Where's Your Head At? it was pretty impressive stuff..the lights, the crowd, those hot chicks who snogged on screen :D , the music.

Some miscellanous stuff. There were so many beautiful women there, weather was amazing, security were ott though no excuse for firing a glass bottle at them(it missed), Marlay Park is a cool venue for gigs that size.

8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'll go along with what most of comad said,it was the best concert ive been to in a number of years it was a great day/nite out.We arrived about 6pm after queuing for about 20 mins to get in,Mylo was on stage and playing some of his tunes and they were going down very well with the crowd,i was well impressed with Mylo.

When Mylo finished around 6.40 or so we ventured over to the smaller dance tent where some dj (dunno who it was he had a cap on?) was playing some excellent Prog House and Techno,and the atmosphere was very good,we relucantly left about 7.10 to catch Undwerworld who certainly didn't disapoint.

They play an awesome set and you can see they really get stuck into it as well,all the classics were played,Cowgirl,Born Slippy,etc,etc and they went down a treat with the crowd,the atmosphere i may add throughout the day and nite was brilliant,they played some stuff i didn't hear before as well possibly new material but it sounded excellent,highly impressed with Underworld the best ive ever seen them live.

By now everybody was eagerly awaiting Basement Jaxx,the stage was prepared and they came on around 9.10 or so to raptorous applause from the appreciative crowd which i estimate to be between 18,000 to 20,000 a great turnout.

What can i say about Basement Jaxx,they had a tough act to follow after Underworld but certainly didn't disapoint,this was my 3rd time to see them live and again i have to say they were awesome,played all the classics and sampled loads of other stuff and the atmosphere was brilliant,my feet are kiliing me from hours of non stop dancing,they are for me the best thing in dance music today and have been for quite some time now,they put on an excellent show and it's just a pity it ended around 10.35 as im sure the crowd would've stayed there for many more hours and im sure Basement Jaxx would've as well as they looked to be really enjoying themselves,top stuff.

All in all a great day/nite out,i don't go Raving much thesedays a few times a year at most but it's events like this i really enjoy and it's great to see the Irish Ravers are still having it big style,some gripes though,Marley Park is a good place for a concert but FFS id estimate there was less than 100 portaloos for about 18,000/20,000 people,madness having to queue for 20 mins to go the toilet(not to mention the state of them),also the beer was dishwater,pish and a rip off,i ended up sticking to water,there was indeed a good lot of cracking birds there as well always good to see,you could spot the DS a mile off,they are so obvious,wanke*s why aren't they out catching scum who deal heroin instead of pulling in kids for an E or two,cu*ts,anyway after getting lost on the way out finally made it out onto the main road and back to a party that went on till the early hours,a great day and nite out and i eagerly await the return of Basement Jaxx and of course Underworld and Mylo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

comad wrote:
    The kids in the corner of the stage was crazy. the little lad in the brown kept jumping for the whole show!

A Family Affair

They were well up for it alright.
    Rez/Cowgirl was fantastic. Disappointed they didnt play Moaner though. Basement Jaxx were great but Underworld was the highlight for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I got in just as Mylo came on, and i was very surprised how good he was because I wasn't that impressed with Destroy Rock and Roll. Drop The Pressure was feckin fantastic! It went on for about 10 mins didn't it?! Yeah really enjoyed Mylo.

Me and my friend cracked open a shoulder of vodka and got through it just before Underworld came on so Underworld is all abit of a haze to me! I can vaguely remember Born Slippy and Rez/Cowgirl! During Underworld I was jumping up and down and then didn't I only slip and twist me ankle on that feckin shoulder of vodka and had to go to 1st aid and missed the rest of the Underworld set :-(

I made meself just forget about the pain cause no way was that ruining my day!
    Just found my friends in time for The Basement Jaxx, and just started hoppin around on 1 leg when GoodLuck came on!
    Where's Your Head at was particularly good even though it isn't 1 of my favourite Jaxx songs! Everyone kept on screaming it 'til they came back out for the encore, Bingo Bango.
    The crowd really wanted more, well I did anyway! Wish they could have played for longer 'cause I would have danced all night!
    And what was going on with the girls snoggin the heads off each other being on the big screens for ages?! Could have done without that thanks very much!
    Marlay Park was a great venue, very scenic! Even when we were heading out of the place it's like there was aload of fairy lights leading the way out!
    Had some day anyway (apart from the ankle which is a lovely shade of purple now, but hey a day off work for me tomorrow :-D) weather was fantastic, music was fantastic, crowd was fantastic!
    Can't wait for the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

One of the best concert i was ever at, Got in as underworld was starting, it was mental, spent the whole day up the front, I'm still hoarse.

It was so much better than those big concerts where people just go for the hell of it. Everyone at this concerts wanted to be there to see the acts and i think because of this it was so good.

Next time Basement Jaxx are in ireland i'm definatly going.

You gotto love the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Thought Underworld were poor. Rex the Dog & Erol Alkan in the tent were unreal. And the Basement Jaxx really rocked it.

Portaloos were a joke. Thank God for being a bloke.

monkeyman wrote:
    Thought Underworld were poor. Rex the Dog & Erol Alkan in the tent were unreal. And the Basement Jaxx really rocked it.

Portaloos were a joke. Thank God for being a bloke.

You thought Underworld were poor :eek: :eek: :eek: are you for real they were amazing the crowd was rocking did you get dud pills or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Underworld were amazing,
    thought it wouldnt' work that early but i thought
    they were incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

Any one know where these sets can be picked up on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

BACKLASH wrote:
    Underworld were amazing,
    thought it wouldnt' work that early but i thought
    they were incredible

It was a bit early for some(anyone munching) as the lighting is ineffective but i was blown away. Really enjoyed the way it was a mix set rather than track|break|track.

Anyone know the name of the new tracks?

I doubt these sets are available on the net tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

deadly and rapid gig

Yeah if in the unlikely event that anyone stumbles across these events online let us know on this forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭freddyf

Mylo was a good warm up band.

Underworld was amazing, 3rd time seeing them and this was the best. I think because the sun was out, It made it that bit better.

Had a quick look at Erol Aken and what i heard was really good.

Never really got into Basement Jaxx.

Advertisement