Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload speed IolBB+

• 23-04-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,
    donno if anyone is having a similar experience but my upload speed with Esat IOLBB+ is getting worse...
    Upload get saturated very quickly and it's making nearly impossible to use P2P apps.
    Even Skype is very unstable: I can hear perfectly but my voice get to the other end with a huge delay: sometimes even 10 secs! :eek:

I'm not happy at all with this service and unfortunately I'm only at the beggining of my year contract... :mad:
    It's useseless to have a 2Mbit service with 24GB cap and crap upload.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

eng71 wrote:
    Hi,
    donno if anyone is having a similar experience but my upload speed with Esat IOLBB+ is getting worse...
    Upload get saturated very quickly and it's making nearly impossible to use P2P apps.
    Even Skype is very unstable: I can hear perfectly but my voice get to the other end with a huge delay: sometimes even 10 secs! :eek:

I'm not happy at all with this service and unfortunately I'm only at the beggining of my year contract... :mad:

Same service - mine is fine and skype is terrific. Spoke with Poland and Spain last week and no delay whatsoever.
    Blaming the service is always the knee jerk reaction - no offence. Your line might be poor, your BB setup, your software, your PC.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 eng71

No offence taken but I've done several tests from 3 PC (High specs).
    Line is paralized as soon I'm hitting 9k of upload
    I've tested as well a couple of "hotspot" (Eircom) on my same exchange and performances are always better.
    The situation started to get bad since the "upgrade".

I don't think I have other alternatives but contacting the tech support... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you are finding that your upload saturation is causing choke etc. try changing to PPPoA instead of PPPoE, if you know how, and if its supported on your exchange ( you would know, cause if it works, it works lol )

it has slightly less overhead and better pings, but isnt as suitable for some lines/exchanges etc.

I've tried but the situation didn't change.
    Thanks for the tip!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eng71 wrote:
    Hi,

What speeds are you getting?
    For example here?

• Advertisement

1,60mbps down
    47Kbps up

I've checked as well the DSL diag on the zyxel and all the values are ok. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

I'm getting

1.72mbit download
    63kbit upload

I tested above with both IE6 and Firefox 1.02.

So what are BT up to now????
    DialUp modem upload speed is utterly useless!!!!!

When I was using a 500MHz AMD(pile of crap) that speed test was giving me about 0.5mbit download and 100kbit uploads, but for the last couple of weeks I have been using an AMD64 3000+(overclocked from 1.8GHz to 2.25GHz) and get 1.72mbit on the speed test so the only reason for the lower upload must be at BT's end!!!!

I agree...
    and beside all the tests you can make I really notice bad performances especially if I use VPN and P2P.

Going to contact tech support on Monday and I'll let you know

Advertisement