Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a GT LTS 3000

Options
  • 23-04-2005 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

:confused:
    Hi All,

Is anyone on this forum familiar with the GT LTS 3000? I am putting together a communter bike from some bits and pecies I had lying around from a time I did alot of cycling and a LTS 3000 frame I picked up for nothing. I had most of it but had to get new chainset and bottom bracket (octalink, cant seem to get hold of the old square shape ). Anyway putting it all together with the new chainset and I can't figure out how the front mech fits onto the frame?

Anyone got one of these that they could if possible take pictures of? Or anyone want to hazard a guess.

For those of you not familiar the front mech attaches to a separate tube behind the verticle frame tube.

Thanks

Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Is that the really old fully suspension frame? Wow I remember always wanting one of them.
    Anyway I think you are looking for an E-type front mech, this is attached on the bottom bracket and held in place by the drive side crank arm. You easily find that type of mech in town or try http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=758 for a cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The mech just attaches to the stubby tube above the bottom bracket something like this:
    drug-01.jpg
    You need a regular band-type mech, I'm not sure what diameter.

More pictures here:
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&lr=&q=gt+lts&btnG=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Enduro

If the stub is as short as that picture shows, it'll need to be a top swing, and not a coventional mech. (top swing are far more common these days anayway).

Advertisement