Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"CELEBRITY" WRESTLING

• 23-04-2005 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyone else just see this?? what a loada pants.
    Hard to thnik that just a few weeks ago piper was sharing a ring with austin and carlito and now he's doing this........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

omg is fu'cking rubbish
    i rather stare into the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I missed it. What happened on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

didn't really watch it but it looked ****

I missed it. What happened on it?
    you didnt miss much

well itv thats a waste of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

its basicaly little known british clecrity's taking on classic professional wrestling personas (the badass, snoby rich guy) before facing off in real matches. I only saw the first round which was sumo rules. Its your classic saterday evening ant and deck style ITV crap. Its hard to see why Piper is involved

• Advertisement

. Its hard to see why Piper is involved
    money money and money
    i think i hear the cash register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

what aload of crap its called celebrity wrestling but i dint see any celebritys or any wrestling its more like gladiators but worse n that annoying guy from big brother jason is on it :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great if ITV commissioned a series based on the British wrestling scene? They did a British version of Gladiators after all and if they got some decent characters it would prove entertaining. Irish wrestlers could get an opportunity as well. It would be better than giving TV coverage to Z-list celebrities trying to wrestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I wondered if someone would put a thread about that as soon as i saw the ad dispite it sounds more like a reality show than anything else.
    I guess Vince Russo was right
    "If you put wrestling in the title, wrestling fans are going to watch it"
    I didnt watch it btw.

I also think it would be great if they started to show wrestling shows on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Ha Ha have to laugh at people who give out about these programs, ye they might be ****e and whatever but it still appeals to a lot of people or else it wouldnt be shown and also these days most people have digital so maybe you could switch the channel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I don't really care about the quality of the show itself, I just don't like the fact they hijack the popularity of wrestling by branding that poor mans gladiator crap as Wrestling. Poor Piper.....

I wonder if he realised what he was getting himself into or maybe he figured its similar to a huge American celebrity doing commercials in Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Lads, lads, relax a second and just answer for me the most important question. Are there fit burds in tight clothes wrestling on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw a clip of it on some tv show the other day :eek:

what a load of bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Evilution wrote:
    Lads, lads, relax a second and just answer for me the most important question. Are there fit burds in tight clothes wrestling on it?

The part I saw that Victoria one was pretty hot and the wan from Liberty X isn't bad and....Katie Lawler ain't bad neither so yeah there is, but they don't show half enough to make you want to watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I don't really care about the quality of the show itself, I just don't like the fact they hijack the popularity of wrestling by branding that poor mans gladiator crap as Wrestling. Poor Piper.....

I wonder if he realised what he was getting himself into or maybe he figured its similar to a huge American celebrity doing commercials in Asia.

sure the wrestling you guys all watch is staged :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

sure the wrestling you guys all watch is staged :rolleyes:

You got a point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Joe Legend and D'Lo are trainers too... Man joe can do a good promo was watching bits tonight they had the hot page 3 girl lelanni or whatever her name was. My brother and I were shouting for her top to fall off ;) It's really tacky. Gladiators was someway good at least.

I finally got to see this heap of excrement tonight. Poor Piper. This show is just a rip-off of Gladiators! Where is the wrestling? I don't remember seeing Victoria and Trish trying to knock over bowling pins with a ten stone ball. What a joke also seeing D-Lo and Joe almost coming to blows. Yeah right... ITV would do better showing TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I saw about five minutes last night and it was enough. Pure tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

at first i thought it was going to be like tough eough but its gladiators and the only reason we all think galdiators was any good is because we were all young back then and it was fun for a 8year old face it there are kids watching it and it get pulled as soon as they grow up like gladiators

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

some hot looking chicks though :D

but they can be seen all over the internet in better situations

Did you hear they've dropped the show? Apparently after the next episode it will be cancelled and they won't bother showing the last few episodes. Star Wars movies will replace it. I won't shed any tears for this show. Absolute rubbish.

Advertisement