Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3g on Ready to go?

Options
  • 23-04-2005 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

is it possible to usee a rtg card in a 3g phone anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

no,not yet sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, you could BUT it would have to be unblocked/flashed regarding where you bought it and SECONDLY you would not have access to any 3G services.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

is it possible to usee a rtg card in a 3g phone anyone?

As above, with a Vodafone 3G phone (SE v800), possible to use a RTG SIM without any modification to the phone, but not possible to use any of the 3G features.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I'm in the process of cancelling my contract with vodafone and migrating to RTG with them (ahead of a move to meteor!) I also have a V800, Vodafone CC reckon the RTG sim WONT work on it as it will keep trying to find a 3G signal which it cannot access, suppose will find out when number is migrated anyway.

You cant force the phone (as far as I have tried anyway) to stay on the regular (non 3g) signal even with the Pay later sim - it will keep searching for the 3g signal. Having said that my meteor sim works in it no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

A more recent revision of the firmware allows you to force the phone to only use GSM. If you do not have this feature on your handset, you will have serious problems using a RTG sim in the V800..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

samo wrote:
    Having said that my meteor sim works in it no proble

That's because meteor have not 3g signal, so it has none to search for. Whereas with Vodafone the phone will detect a 3g signal and automatically try to log on to it.

Advertisement