Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC3 Discussion

• 23-04-2005 9:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

With all the kiddyvinkes doing their exams it looks like May 6'll be a cosy night out, so I reckon that should be assigned the grand title of BBC 2½. Maybe I'll hit 10k by then and we can celebrate a thunderous huffy exit from Boards.ie as I flame my way to a banning! :)

However lots of people seem to be up for June so I reckon that'll be BBC3, and we should get the arguments about dates and times and locations out of the way early, so we can add a link to a sticky in our sigs to make sure loads of people are aware that it's coming up. Maybe even get those bastards in charge to run a banner for a little while.

My nights out for the last few months have been first Friday of the month, however the first Friday in June is leading into a holiday weekend, so is that going to cause problems? What about location, will we take a chance on the weather being good and go for the Well? And how about time, is everyone game for an early start?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

can anyone come???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've never been to one, but I'm gonna be gone from June 1st so count me out I'm afraid. :(
    I'll probably be studying for the May one too. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

gubby wrote:
    can anyone come???
    Ask Pelé.

(Of course anyone can come. There's no bosses here.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Early congrads on the 10k your lying seventh in the highest posts count and with DeV on walk about could move up a few;)

Nukem

PS. where,when and what time for June BBC - just tell me il be there. My pussy wont mine sharing my sig.

Nukem wrote:
    Early congrads on the 10k your lying seventh in the highest posts count
    Sixth surely? SyxPak bumped me out of fifth a couple months ago. Was thinking of flaming out in a big way before I hit 10k...

I did a banner already, I'll post it in a couple days if the date and/or venue aren't suitable.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm in for both unless something unexpected like, I dunno, Vogons destroying the world or something gets in the way. Whether this has the overall effect of reducing the total turnout is another matter altogether, of course. Get more of the nerds out (by which I mean, CLUG people) - they were good fun the last time I remember being out with a bunch of them (well, if your idea of fun involves arguing about linux distros, agreeing to move on to the Brog cos you're all pissed and it seems like a good idea, and playing "lets ring the doorbell and run away" on the way there. Which, as it turns out by happy coincidence, mine is - at least when booze is involved.).

Fysh wrote:
    Get more of the nerds out
    Just like there's no point in giving you lot less than a week's notice, there's no point it giving them more than a week's notice. Strange but true.
    agreeing to move on to the Brog cos you're all pissed
    "All" seems a bit of a stretch for, what, three people? And anyway, I wasn't pissed, I was stocious. Ocified. Forked. Langerated.
    playing "lets ring the doorbell and run away" on the way there.
    Bugger, I don't remember that at all. I have a reputation to uphold you know. Well, I don't, but I'm 32 like. Well, physically. But still!

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't think you were there the time I'm referring to, but on the other hand I can't say I'd put it past you. Clearly next time such events should be dwarfed, DWARFED I SAY, by the silliness of whatever we decide is a good idea at the time. (Although one can't help but suspect that this won't actually be the case. Ah well...)

Right, moving on...

bbc3-b.gif

bbc3-n.gif

Stick one of them in your sig or your blog, link it to this thread.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Nice banners. I've put one of them in my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Sweet banner Adam - 17 to go to the 10,000 mark

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill most certainly do my best to get to this. Cool banner by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

But why oh why the Francisan Well?? It's a hole, and you know what it's like on holidays...
    piss piss moan moan

The real men (and women) will be there at 5pm to get a seat. Fairies that come in later don't deserve seats, and will be required to be our slaves for the evening, fetching and carrying our beer and emptying our incontinence pants regularly.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dudara wrote:
    But why oh why the Francisan Well?? It's a hole, and you know what it's like on holidays...
    piss piss moan moan

SACRILIDGE! (or however you spell it)

No. It's a hole with manky toilets. It's dingy inside.

dudara wrote:
    It's a hole with manky toilets.
    Dunno about the ladies, but I've seen gents that are a hell of a lot worse.
    It's dingy inside.
    The whole point of going to the Well is so we can sit outside. If it's raining, we'll go somewhere else.

Do me a favour, drop it. It's in the Well. If you find the Well that horrid, don't go.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

*sigh*, why do I have work the following morning again......
    but the Fransiscan Well is nice outside, specially in the summer! and the ladies toilets aren't all that bad, I've seen much much worse!

Do me a favour, drop it. It's in the Well. If you find the Well that horrid, don't go.

fair enough, I'll leave it.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to attend. It's getting close to my planned thesis submission date, so we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dudara wrote:
    fair enough, I'll leave it.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to attend. It's getting close to my planned thesis submission date, so we'll see.

Gah and there I was looking forward to talking tech! :(

• Advertisement

*sigh*, why do I have work the following morning again......
    Take a sickie like a normal person.

nesf wrote:
    Gah and there I was looking forward to talking tech! :(

Finally getting to meet eh?

dahamsta wrote:
    Take a sickie like a normal person.

ah I can't, not on a Saturday... and anyway, I'm far too honest to pull a sickie!

dudara wrote:
    Finally getting to meet eh?

Eh, I made it to the last one. Was fun.

Will probably make the next one. Out of boredom ;)

nesf wrote:
    Eh, I made it to the last one. Was fun.

Will probably make the next one. Out of boredom ;)

Boredom?? I thought it was great fun!! As was the previous one, which is why I'm not going to the next one out of boredom, but in anticipation to another great night!!

ah I can't, not on a Saturday... and anyway, I'm far too honest to pull a sickie!
    I'm honest, I take sickies all the time. Course my boss is a pushover.

adam

I suppose it helps that you know him so well :rolleyes:

*bump*

I'll definitely be attending :D

Is anyone up for making a trip later in June to attend the Dublin Beers? It's on Saturday 25th of June. It's on in a pub next to Heuston so that would be handy.

Wouldn't mind some company for the train up :) Any takers?

Link to Events thread on the Dublin Beers

The Dublin one sounds tempting but I don't know if I'll go yet. I'm definitely on for the Cork one though.

• Advertisement

Would be tempted by the Dublin one, but there's a college reunion thing the same weekend which I'm going to. Shame :( would definitely be up for going to another dublin one though - I've been to two Galway beers over the last 6 months and they were great fun.

Advertisement