Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC3 Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was supposed to be in Glastonbury that day, but it's only cost me about €300 so far and it'd be soooo much more fun to force myself to be polite to people that I think are complete arseholes than go to an enormous music festival with an atmosphere so relaxed it makes you feel stoned whether you're actually stoned or not, so I think I'll cancel Glastonbury and head for Dooooooblin.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*taps sarcasm detector*

Bloody thing ain't working!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Are you even capable of being polite to anyone, adam? Regardless of whether you think they're arseholes? ;)

That's my fatal flaw Fysh, the more polite I am to someone the less I like them.

So how are you today?

heh

(Sorry about that yesterday, somebody bumped into me and nudged my sarcasm control up to "incapacitate". In truth I wouldn't mind heading to a Dublin Boards Beer, particular on the train cos I love them. Particularly if I can get pissed on them.)

adam

Aaaaanyway, BBC3 is but three days away now and I've been quite looking forward to it so I'm guessing people will start pulling out now (so to speak). So let's play Who's Going To BBC3...
    • dahamsta
    adam

• Advertisement

I'll be there.

Jerry and Rob won't they are heading to Germany on Friday for a week long music festival. Lucky bastards. Can't remember the exact name off the top of my head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'll be in, and I'll see if I can twist simu's arm into going. Was talkin to rob the other night - isn't it some metal-type festival they're off to? bastards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Rock Am Ring, I presume. It's supposed to be good craic alright

I'm definitely going to try to make this one. I've held back for too long

dudara wrote:
    Rock Am Ring, I presume. It's supposed to be good craic alright

I'm definitely going to try to make this one. I've held back for too long

Rock Am Ring. Yeah that's the name. I was going for a bit but had to pull out due to stuff.

Meh. Not sure if a week in Germany would be good for me atm anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Unless I'm dying of a hangover, I'll be there. I have a work night out on the Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Eh..................just got told i have to work but i will be there. Not finished til 5 so home(half hr through traffic) shower something to eat ........ETA 7ish but will be there. Are ye planning a pub crawl or just staying in the Well?

Nukem

We should be there until about 8pm anyway. It'll be getting jammed by then so I guess we'll play it by ear after that. Usual story though, if in doubt call or text me.

JohnK, no excuses.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I might go - still haven't decided for sure.

Or maybe I'll stay home and peruse of my vintage Kenny Live collection.

simu wrote:
    Bring it with you, we can trade key episodes of your Kenny Live collection with key episodes from my Late Late collection.

I was thinking of descaling the kettle meself.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

unless my missus has me washing dishes & peeling spuds I'll be there...

...only because it's in the well though. I've had a hankering for a pint of rebel red for ages

simu wrote:
    I might go - still haven't decided for sure.

Oh do come, it will be ever so nice... The last time I was "abused" for being a mod. I don't want to be alone their again.

The things they said.... :eek:

dahamsta wrote:
    JohnK, no excuses.

Well, IK'm back from the work night out. Had a brillliant time and so far its looking good for tommorow. I've had plenty to drink but am having plenty of water so should be ok but will know for sure at about 1 or 2 pm when I plan on getting out of bed. (btw, why the hell do I head birds singing outside???) May have convinced a guy from work to come along but dont know yet. Will only known when/if he rings me tomorrow. I think he's a Boards user/lurker but not really sure. I know he knows of boards but thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, so I'll probably turn up around 7 or so.

see you later, people!

Anyone actually turning up at 5pm or should I bring a paper?

adam

I'm looking at between 6 and 7 arrival.

• Advertisement

I'm planning on being there for 5. Just going to have breakfast now to line my stomach in preparation of the night ahead beerchug.gif

I'd say somewhere between 6 and 7 as well.

I'll the one in the geeky t-shirt wearing a pink carnation in my hair. I'll be standing beside the big guy who's got an Erdinger keg on his shoulder.

It might be hard to spot us actually.

JohnK wrote:
    I'm planning on being there for 5.
    Groovy, I'll leave the paper at home so. See you then.

adam

I'll the one in the geeky t-shirt wearing a pink carnation in my hair. I'll be standing beside the big guy who's got an Erdinger keg on his shoulder.

Grand so. I'll make sure to have my fashion-police glasses so i can't miss ye. I'm wearing a grey hoody today, or if that's off, a rust-coloured t-shirt.

I won't be there till 6:30-7ish, but I'll be the loser wearing a nintendo "know your roots" tshirt and more than likely with a load of assorted crap dangling round my neck. :D

Sounds like we're going to have a pretty good crowd tonight!

I've just noticed that I'm actually wearing the same clothes I was wearing in that Erdinger keg photo. Shame on me. I'll change me tshirt immediately.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I have to go raid a post office in a vain attempt to get a press pass. I could be tempted to pop along for a swift one afterward though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Went in had a look around said boards to couple of people;got some funny looks. Had one for the soul; one last look <<< >>> notheing and fooked off?
    Did ye leave or summit or did i ask the wrong people. I dunno next time im wearing a stetsen and a huge sign.

Nukem

Advertisement