Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC3 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

nesf wrote:
    :)

I don't need cuddles. I get my comforts from boiling kittens.

Or as iv heard getting pissed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nukem wrote:
    Or as iv heard getting pissed :p

Well it's the sociable alternative isn't it?

ARDMADILLOS!! The tasty alternative to Dime Bars! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside! ARDMADILLOS!

Nesf you sound like bit of a larf. Kinda annoyed i didnt just stand in the middle of the pub screaming BOARDS

Nukem wrote:
    Nesf you sound like bit of a larf. Kinda annoyed i didnt just stand in the middle of the pub screaming BOARDS

lol @ image....

Look at the norms stampede out of the bar...

nesf wrote:
    lol @ image....

Look at the norms stampede out of the bar...

Honestly it was my plan of action but after asking a few people said to myself "nah outta luck so bugger it made a tit outta myself enough". Next time i wont stand on ceremony and just let rip :p

• Advertisement

Well hopefully we can make the monthly beers a constant thing and have it still going when you return after your J1 (? I'm guessing here).

No not J1 just a hol. Be home on the 16th so be home in time for the August beer unless some strange twist of fate drags me away from Cork (anything is possible with me :rolleyes:)

Cool, have fun. Will see ya in August :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

nesf wrote:
    Weren't we ugly/fat/geeky enough?
    I meet all of those requirements. (I'll be needing an "awww" and immediate refutation of this statement.)
    Fysh wrote:
    (This reminds me of you asking me, apropos of not very much, "Are you a homo?" on friday night, which managed to confuse me enough to derail whatever nonsense was concerning me at the time. Heh.)
    Yoda, De Rebel and damien.m will all confirm that I'm inclined towards alleging homosexuality as a form of insult, however there's an ongoing debate on the level of maliciousness involved. In this particular case I'll wager there's a backstory that's not being related fully. So to speak.
    Nukem wrote:
    nesf does that anyway.

On the subject of BBC4, I've prepared a template banner already but I'm not sure what's going to happen. My First Fridays have certainly been hijacked by Boards - no complaints here - but who'll be around on July 1? (I will, but I'll still be coming down from Glastonbury.)

adam

I'm definitely up for it :)

Will drag my usual friday night crowd along, considering most of them read boards anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

At the moment, it's definitely in my social calendar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd be on for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

*sigh* I won't be there, but August one I will... we'll have to have like a HUGE august one or something???

I already have a huge one. *koff*

adam /waits for fysh to tell him that he said that too

Imperial even

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I, uh, I don't think I want anything more to do with this thread. Adam's impressive schlong (which, yes, was discussed as well on friday - I believe the choice phrase was "so long I have to tie it round my leg") seems to be cropping up (hohoho) rather more than I'm happy about. Also, how exactly do the girls go about getting huge ones? (cue joke about boob surgery, no doubt)

July should blatantly happen though, and making August a large one would be a nice idea. We should also clearly pimp them more using sig banners etc.

and maybe get some others down too? like some are planning on going to the Dub one, why not get some of the other counties to come down to us? maybe have it on the Saturday night instead so people have a chance to get here??? (for August)

Of course it's all a complete fabrication. Anyone from Motors will tell you that my penchant for luxobarges and Lamborghinis actually proves that I have an incredibly small appendage, if any. Obviously this revelation will result in disappointment and mourning on the part of the growing female BBC attendee contingent, and henceforth BBCs will be all-male events. I can only apologise in advance.

Of course if we do make July BBC4, that means we'll have run out of BBC TV channels and will have to move to radio for BBC5. But yes, BBC5 should be big. We should bribe and blackmail our way towards making it a mainstream Boards event. Get all those foreign johnnies down here, show them a good time.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    But yes, BBC5 should be big. We should bribe and blackmail our way towards making it a mainstream Boards event. Get all those foreign johnnies down here, show them a good time.

adam
    ooh ooh, I can help with that! *giggles*

I'm good at the old organising malarky.

Have a few mates (well, aquaintances from organising stuff) who manage bars etc. Perhaps we could form some kind of cohesive plan for the night and make it a good one.

Boards contribution to the whole city of culture thing or somesuch.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote:
    Boards contribution to the whole city of culture thing or somesuch.

What a fab idea!! that is BRILLIANT!! - now, all we need is for a pub to give sponsorship to all the Cork Boardsies who've posted frequently enough (ahem, that makes, what 6 of us?!!) tee hee!!

But seriously, that is a very good idea!

My genius goes unrecognised.

Well there is the whole official route and it's hassle. Doeable so long as we aren't looking for funding.

Then theres the whole "where's me culture?" route. Prob get a banner for it up on their site and get a good number of people down. Way too much hassle for too little reward.

Maybe try to rouse up some support on this ol' site and try and get it well advertised. It'll be fun. We have a "regular" crowd by the looks of things. So something small and fun would be my preferred approach.

Then again, I like my smaller crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey, who are all the chickies in the pictures?! And who are the guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Haha, you're not such a great stalker then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

simu wrote:
    Haha, you're not such a great stalker then! :)
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I'm the one at the back, purple scarf, black top, red bobble. Let the others say who they are in case it's a big crime to reveal identities like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

im the one with the big nose hiding under the table stroking ankles...

...wheres my bloody medication

rymus wrote:
    ...wheres my bloody medication

I borrowed it remember, mine ran out.

I'm the ugly one btw :)

I'm the one in the gray hoody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm the guy in the red tshirt

Advertisement