Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 75 Irish songs

Options
  • 23-04-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if this has appeared elsewhere but here we go,
    I was fairly put out by the "top 75 Irish songs" that Today FM threw together, based on the lazy premise that music only started 25 years ago.
    I found this list a lot more interesting as it opens up the definition of an "Irish" song.
    Like all lists there are things on it that make your skin crawl but also enough of the classic songs to make it far more representative.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/rattlebag/top75.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

is_that_so wrote:
    I am not sure if this has appeared elsewhere but here we go,
    I was fairly put out by the "top 75 Irish songs" that Today FM threw together, based on the lazy premise that music only started 25 years ago.
    I found this list a lot more interesting as it opens up the definition of an "Irish" song.
    Like all lists there are things on it that make your skin crawl but also enough of the classic songs to make it far more representative.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/rattlebag/top75.html

Is "rock and roll kids" not an Irish song?

If it is Irish then those list maker people should be ashemed to have left that off and put All kinds of everything on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep it's Irish OK but hey that's what lists are for , to get people arguing :D

And I agree with you on that Dana thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

What a crap List

No A House, Microdisney,Fatima Mansions, Whipping Boy,Sultans of Ping, Frank & Walters, Rollerskate Skiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

that was a bad list in fairness.

no golden horde on it either, that has to be one of the best songs ever ,"friends in Time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

i'll tell me ma

dont know the name of it but it goes "take me up to monto monto monto"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Awful list

Fair enough some brilliant stuff like Town I Loved So Well and Boys Are Back in Town, but where is Maniac 2000 and Whos in the House?!!? :mad: :mad:

Advertisement