Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to create a Multi-choice quiz....

Options
  • 23-04-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

but I haven't a clue!!

I want to create something like those Driver Theory Tests you can get on CD. So obviously there will be no database involved.

I want something that keeps a record of score and gives the user the opportunity to view the questions they got wrong etc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Swing, or if you're old school AWT; in Java.
    Or, if as you say, you haven't a clue - then use VB :D

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Or a browser and javascript if all else fails :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

visual basic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

Got to agree visual basic , what is ur programming knowleage,

visual c++ could be used but if u want to super user friendly graphical interphase of the theroy test then vb's ur man,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Elfman wrote:
    Got to agree visual basic , what is ur programming knowleage,

visual c++ could be used but if u want to super user friendly graphical interphase of the theroy test then vb's ur man,

I dont know anything about programming so I would be starting from the ground up :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

It is probably easiest to do in Visual Basic.
    But if you're learning a programming language for the first time then I'd say go with Java.
    Here's a beginners intro to Java

Everything is free and online:
    - development kit + runtime environment
    - Integrated development environement (Netbeans , or JBuilder Foundation)
    - tutorials etc. etc.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

use vb thats easy enough in vb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Do you want to learn how to programme or do you just want to create a quiz? If you just want to create a quiz quickly and easily, just stick with javascript. You can use the source code from the thousands of online quizzes that are already on the interweb as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

If you manage to get your hands on Flash MX Professional, their manuals also have a guide on how to do just that. You can get a demo of that from http://www.macromedia.com/ - it's rather cool... although you have to pay for it.

Take care,
    P.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

If u havent programmed before visual basic is ur best bet don't quote me on this but microsoft were giving a trail or something a while back i thiink.

I think another post made a good point is it just for the quiz or is it as an introduction to programming ??

i had a project in vb recently and found it very easy to pick and had a simple poll which required virtually no programming knowleage just one good example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks guys,

Well I am not really interested in learning to programme properly. I just want to create an identical multi-choice quiz to those Driver Theory Test CD's.

Obviously this will involve having to learn some amount of programming but I dont wanna become no expert!

Advertisement