Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody using Linksys WRT54G router???

• 23-04-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

The reason I am asking you is rather sad actually!!! So Please dont take the piss!!

I want to hook my XBOX and PS2 to my external cable modem so I can get them online. (dont laugh)

I have too many cables going on in my room so I was thinking of going wireless. I have been recommended the Linksys WRT54G wireless router. So I would be grateful of any feedback on this.

But to get the consoles connected I will need an adapter, I was looking at Linksys Game Adapter WGA54G. Anybody using this or have experience??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

If you get no joy here, you could try the X-Box or Playstation fora.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Cheers! I didn't realise there was an xbox thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I'd recommend the Netgear WGR614 and the Netgear WGE111 . Purchased one of each last week and everythings working swimmingly, athough I'm not actually using them for what you plan to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I can wholeheartedly recommend the WRT54g. I've had one for a few weeks, and its going perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

Have the wrt54g and linksys game adaptor, game adaptor can be a bit of a c*nt

• Advertisement

Have the wrt54g and linksys game adaptor, game adaptor can be a bit of a c*nt

Yea? whats the prob with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i use a linksys wrt-54g wireless router and a wet-11 bridge which is conected to my xbox for live play .

i have been doing it that way for about a year and a half with little trouble except for a couple of weeks ago and updating the firmware sorted that problem out.

Clover wrote:
    i use a linksys wrt-54g wireless router and a wet-11 bridge which is conected to my xbox for live play .

i have been doing it that way for about a year and a half with little trouble except for a couple of weeks ago and updating the firmware sorted that problem out.

cool, but pricey though

Advertisement