Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap games/deals thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

maybe this thread should become a sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

HMV July Sale -
    Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - €29.99
    Metroid Prime 2:Echoes - €29.99

I believe that you can get a further 10% off their games if you have their card.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Also Pikmin 2 for €29.99 and Second Sight for €12.99 in HMV's sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

GameStop have some pretty cheap PS2 games in their sale. I picked up Project Zero 2 for €19.99 and Maximo Vs Army of Zin for €5.99, albeit both pre-owned. Reasonable enough. Their Nintendo stuff, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Khalim wrote:
    HMV July Sale -

I believe that you can get a further 10% off their games if you have their card.

no company gives discount on sale items. none that ve seen anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

HMV do, well at least they did on saturday, was getting splinter cell pandora tomorrow for 12.99 and they guy behind the counter asked if i had a games card, I said no so he gave me one and took 10% off the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

HMV do, well at least they did on saturday, was getting splinter cell pandora tomorrow for 12.99 and they guy behind the counter asked if i had a games card, I said no so he gave me one and took 10% off the price

this was indeed the case with my purchase of Mario Kart: Double Dash!! A very pleasant surprise indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Khalim wrote:
    HMV July Sale -

Just to say that Virgin in Liffey Valley were selling Mario DD for €14.99!!!

I was disappointed I already had it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I thought Virgin dont stocl GC titles anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Slurms wrote:
    I thought Virgin dont stocl GC titles anymore?

I know they didn't in that excuse for a store that was Henry St., but they have a reasonable range in Liffey Valley. They also had Paper Mario for €30 which is also a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Seems like play have restocked/slashed the prices of a few GC items...
    Eternal Darkness - GC - £10
    PN03 - GC - £10
    Soul Calibur 2 (pc) - GC - £10
    Mario Golf - GC - £18

And Mario Kart DD seems to be in the 2 for £28 deal, despite costing £30 on its own ¬_¬

i've rebought pn03 for my collection's sake :)

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater €20 in Heatons in Limerick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deal of the week in Game is Oddworld: Strangers Wrath for only 14.99

Looks like a case of Psi-Ops syndrome. Excellent, highly rated game that sells nothing and placed in the bargain bins a few months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

Game Blancherstown.
    Half life 2 19.98 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

3rd person vampiric hack & slash, in the form of Bloodrayne, over at Play for £2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but xtra vision have a clear out sale on old pc games, a lot going for 99 cent. U[set me to sell soldier of fortune for 99 cent yesterday, anyway, not sure what games are in it, but if you need, i'll get you a list of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but xtra vision have a clear out sale on old pc games, a lot going for 99 cent. U[set me to sell soldier of fortune for 99 cent yesterday, anyway, not sure what games are in it, but if you need, i'll get you a list of them.

Saw a few of those myself, they had Dark Reign 2, a great strategy game, and a few others from the Sold Out/Explosive range. Some great titles, without a doubt worth 99c

just got crazy taxi (incl virtua fighter 2 free) and sega rally GT in there for 99 cent each. sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭llvllastermind

I'm taking this off here because you spamed the board with it, I've also deleted the posts talking about it. Don't put it back.

- monument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Beyond good and evil - £10 - GC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen Advance Wars 2 anywhere in the GAME sale? Managed to get Astro-Boy and Boktai, but no AW2.

Never gonna happen man. it's almost impossible to pick up i your standard shop unles they have it second hand. as far as I know it has been discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but play.com have the matrix online for £2.99.

Dixons Limerick:

Soul Calibur 2 (PS2) €4.99
    Mashed (PS2) €4.99
    Getaway Black Monday (PS2) €9.99
    some PS2 golf game €4.99
    Rainbow 6, -rogue spear??!!- (xbox) €9.99

and a good few others, all in the 2nd bargain bin on the right as you go in the door (in front of pcs and laptops)

devil may cry preowned GAME Dawson St. Only 2.97.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

evad_lhorg wrote:
    devil may cry preowned GAME Dawson St. Only 2.97.
    wow thats a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon --€9.95
    Bought a PS2 2nd-hand, saw Beyond Good and Evil --disc was broken beyond use, tho, so got this instead.

eh where?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Plenty of great deals in Game Henry Street today. Loads of PS2 Platinum range for 14.95 - 19.95, new.

And plenty of Astro Boys! Picked up a copy for 15 euro. Just to check if... it... er.. worked. Yes, that'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

evad_lhorg wrote:
    eh where?
    I think I saw it in GAME. Though it's pretty much a tenner everywhere now. Better on the PC, less loading times (the game takes really really long to load on the PS2 and Xbox)

Advertisement