Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Rio Carbon?

• 24-04-2005 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I like the look of these. Anyone have one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Yeah, i got one about 2 months ago (€209 in a 3G store).
    No complaints so far - have 1260 songs on it. Some people like more storage but I think this size encourages a bit of discipline - I delete the crap songs I keep skipping on from anyway to make room for new material.

My only complaint is the naff case.

I tinkered around with friend's I-pod and I-pod mini - they're both bulkier than the Rio Carbon and while they have the smooth interface and facade of coolness, I'd much prefer the Rio.

Also, the Rio has a longer battery life than the I-Pod - up to 20 hours. And the Rio has 5gb of capacity compared to the I-Pod mini 4gb model (though I hear there's a 6gb mini out now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've heard the sound quality is better then the iPod. Whats the warranty on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

I have read complaints about the warranty - just 90 days apparently.

I have no complaints about the sound quality. No real complaints at all. Sometimes the Rio Music Manager software for my PC acts up a little but its always possible to just move music onto the player when it reads as a new drive.
    Quite funny: I have Windows ME on this PC. We couldn't move my mp3 collection onto my brother's Ipod - it doesn't work with ME! No problems with Rio though.
    I've noticed Ipods becoming as common as muck. Makes me even happier to have a Rio. The sales guy in 3G said they cut the price from €269 to €209 because everyone just wanted an Ipod or a mini.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've heard the sound quality is better then the iPod. Whats the warranty on it?

Warranty is 12 months replacement. 90 days applies to the US only.

And just to add to that, Rio are owned by the same company (Digital Networks) who own both the premium audio brands, Denon & Marantz.

They are aware of the error of their ways in the case. Seemingly this will be sorted next time round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The size appeals to be me. Its smaller then the iPod mini and its has drag and drop. Its cheaper than a 2 GB flash disk, but not much bigger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement