Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128K upload, an issue for how many?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

CyberGhost,

50-70 euro on top of 35 euro for 2048/128?

If not, would you expect free line rental included in the price?

From a technical perspective, it's just point and click to change profiles (upload/ download/ interleaving), so we could do it. I'ld have to make sure we could bill it, but I'm sure that's possible. After that it's about how much can your line handle.

The profile I'm on is 'Line Speed' with interleaving off, so it's pretty much down to the quality of the connection between me and the exchange.

If we were offering higher speeds, people would have to understand that their profile is set on the DSLAM, but their end experience would have a lot to do with the quality of the copper pair. We certainly don't want to create headaches for all concerned because you're not getting the 10MB/1MB you're paying us for.

Garfield.

No, not on top of the 35E 2048/128

70euro for 2048/512 including the line rental(in those 70 euro)

which makes broadband itself 50e

the current price for BB you guys offer comes out 15euro, I think 35 on top of the current, for 512k upload is pretty fair

for 50 euro you get 2048/512, which is balanced, KILLS eircom's "home plus" and still is cheaper

I think lots of people would get it.(look at the polls!)

you could still keep the 2048/128 package, for those 15% who don't care about upload speeds.

eircom would be killed

forgot to add, that you could market it as a broadband that lets you play games online while loading trailers and opening web pages at the same time, and if the if you supply modems that have built it switches(like 4 ports), you could also market it like for example, teenager runs out of the rooms shouting for his sister or mother to stop using internet cause he can't play an online game, and you say unlike other internet provider packages, with our broadband you can do all that at the same time, Mom checks email with her laptop, father does his banking, kid plays game, all together, and the usual ending "SmartTelecom, it's Smart choice!". Since eircom is trying to catch up to you, and your old commercials aren't true anymore(4 times faster) this could give you a new lead.

end of transmission.

I don't think faster upload will cause you loses in telephone service(because of VoIP), your prices telephone prices are great, and seriously telephone is still widely used ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

No, I don't really notice it much, doesn't really matter to me
    It's obviously not difficult to sell you things if you think paying €35pm for an extra 384kbps of upload speed is fair. That's the insanest suggestion I've heard in quite a while. €5pm maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Does this mean that Smart will be puting another package together? One that's worth getting this time?
    To be fair, we all owe a lot to Smart for throwing the cat amongst the pigeons in the broadband market. But i personally think it a mistake to only offer one package designed for the "mass market".
    What was forgotten was that the majority of people who want broadband already have it. Now you've had a chance to see what the response from the competition has been it should be time to offer a package to people who're already customers with the other ISPs.

Blaster99 wrote:
    It's obviously not difficult to sell you things if you think paying €35pm for an extra 384kbps of upload speed is fair. That's the insanest suggestion I've heard in quite a while. €5pm maybe.

so if SmartTelecom offered 2048/512 for €50 vs Eircom 2048/128 €54, would you go for eircom?

yes, we can demand better speeds for lesser price, but seriously, they have to have atleast some interest to "move" and do something about it

EDIT: I'd go with Smart, even over ntl, cause 2048/512 is much better then ntl's 3000/300k
    we all owe a lot to Smart for throwing the cat amongst the pigeons in the broadband market

Yes! if it wasn't for Smart, we would be stuck on 512 for a loooong time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

CyberGhost wrote:
    I'd go with Smart, even over ntl, cause 2048/512 is much better then ntl's 3000/300

Yep me too.
    And given the current problems with Irish Broadband this seems more and more appealing!! :D

Advertisement