Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite "knacker drinking" drink?

Options
  • 24-04-2005 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

What would be the last resort drink you would drink given the "no money" syndrome which affects many a student like meself or indeed you people who just dont feel like working god bless yis.....

Well i've drank so much dutch gold in the last two years i actually like the stuff also its easy on the pocket 6 for €7. Latley i've been getting amstel as its 8 cans for €10 which is a good deal...Dont get me wrong I love nothing more then to have a nice pint of Heineken but when times are tough the drink becomes rough!

So i ask you....which would u go for, royal dutch, cheap vodka, that beer thats more like viniger then beer in Lidil.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

dutch gold wehey, or cheap vodka. lets hope it doesnt come to that again though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

cheap wine! sounds poncey (prolly is) but two bottles for a tenner, drink them quick, and everyone wins

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

beir dor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Whatever the special is in Tesco or Sainsburys; when you can land 2 dozen bottles for 85 cent or less of good lager, I can't see how it'd be much cheaper, especially when the same bottle costs me at least €3.50, out in a pub...

In terms of knacker drinking, I've sometimes found meself drinking Buckfast with a few mates at all hours, after it was the only thing we could buy in the local 24hr; great stuff but it's definitely an acquired taste....I'll not mention the hangover either...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

ColHol wrote:
    cheap wine! sounds poncey (prolly is) but two bottles for a tenner, drink them quick, and everyone wins

i do that meself, theres this wine by paul something or other(the top is like a jam jar) but its a litre of wine. i drank it in 6minutes one night....................................................projectile vomiting followed :o

• Advertisement

paul mason.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ColHol wrote:
    paul mason.....
    Ah indeed, easy on the throat that stuff.

I recommend Badger creek from aldi at €5.50 and the 2002 Austrailian charonday at €6 from Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

ColHol wrote:
    paul mason.....

good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Usually cans-wise I'd go for either Tesco dutch export lager or Bavaria...
    But I was knacker-drinkin on friday and I was drinkin Rollin Rock and Labatt's Ice in bottles... Cheap, and it tastes like it!

Stella and Amstel would be the other ones for some cheap boozin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

When i was a bit younger my favourite knacker drink was a flagging of special vat, great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

generally any beer that comes in one those wee little bottles is suitable for knacker drinking and knacker drinking only!

in my classier days olde english cider hit a spot that few refined oils or fetilizers could ever hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Dutch gold,the drink of kings :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

/me remembers when you could buy 3 litres of bulmers (50% extra) for £3 (english pounds) up north..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

druids cider or buckfast is always a good choice if your skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Fosters
    75p a can here in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

This is where having parents who take their holiday in France with a big camper van comes in handy. There are many nice beers over there that also happen to be dirt cheap, and I ask them to bring back crates of the stuff. Keeps me stocked up for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Cheap Vodka or whatever's cheap in Tescos/Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

anyone ever drink concorde...?

it was like shloer but had 17.5 % alcohol (iirc)? You could get it in red and white.. it was £2.50 (english pounds) a bottle.

quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Ah, a subject close to my heart.

If I've a bit of money to spare and want a good night it has to be Buckfast all the way. Just can't beat the stuff.

Other nights would be cheap bear of the Dutch Gold or Tuborg 6 for 7 variety or the crates of Bier d'Or. Whiskey is also a good option. Two people splitting a bottle or the cheapest naggin you can find is a good way to start the night.

But if I'm really on the cheap it has to be Nobleman from Lidl. €3.79 a bottle. A bottle or two of that and you won't be buying any more drink for the night. Now thats value you can shake a stick at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

in my knacker drinking prime it was Bulmers. the flaggons were nice and cheap
    Devils Bit also deserves a mention, also the cider that can be bought in Lidl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

God Bless Aldi and Lidl, for supply us with cheap booze:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

druids or tuborg( can't stand bavaria!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

tesco brand cider. 3.50 for 2 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Linden Village cider used to be my choice of knacker drink ( £2.99 for 2 litres in those days) , on special occassions a bottle or 2 of Buckfast (when it used to be 3.99).

Why hasnt linden village been mentioned yet? Not a cider man but i thought this would be almost first on the list

EDIT/ my bad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Tuborg because you can drink it warm. beer d'oir gives some wicked hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I think I was tripping at the time, but I remember someone saying to me that a craze with students in London was to put some Vodka in an eye-dropper and squirt some into your eye - it goes straight into your blood-stream. Is this another urban myth?

Back in the mid-80's when a bit of bum-fluff on your chin was the Defacto Age Card, I remember the favourite tipple at the Field Inn was a 2-Litre of cider, usually Bulmers. For the really adventerous 15 year old, a 6-pack of Carlsberg special import (9%) was the coma-inducing selection of the night.

Ah, Fado fado...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

growler wrote:
    Linden Village cider used to be my choice of knacker drink ( £2.99 for 2 litres in those days) , on special occassions a bottle or 2 of Buckfast (when it used to be 3.99).

that stuff is crazy! i was a bulmers man for a long time so i was used to cider but every time i drank that stuff i turned into a pillaging viking!

I think I was tripping at the time, but I remember someone saying to me that a craze with students in London was to put some Vodka in an eye-dropper and squirt some into your eye - it goes straight into your blood-stream. Is this another urban myth?
    I can vouch for this. Didnt have the balls to do it but seen it being done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

A shoulder of Tesco Vodka & some Rainbow Cola

Advertisement