Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your favourite "knacker drinking" drink?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I had that for the first time recently , but then again ill drink just about any beer.mmm Miller.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ya i just had it recently too...they were giving out as much as ya wanted for free in urban outfitters in dublin woo!

free beer!!!cool :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and there were bands playing in there all day!!!
    i go to that shop every time im in dub and nothing has ever being going on!
    got a goody bag too
    :D
    best shop ever

ou cool , what was in it??I love free stuff :)

• Advertisement

lol it was soap,shoe laces,a necklace/chain thing,6 pegs and a belt thing or something and a questionaire! to win something..was all sponsered by Lee i think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

back in the day, a coupla two litres of bulmers, or a two litre and a coulpa litre bottles of that champagne cider, think princess pippin was the name? You could fire the corks at each other too :D

if you were really depsperate, a few cans of bavaria. There was even the option of yellow pack lager :(

cool i love those freebie goody bags!!

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    cool i love those freebie goody bags!!
    tis cool aye...some1 just comes up to you gives you beer soap and pegs thee fun!

and bulmers/crofters for the win
    cider has always been the knacker drinking way!

yea plastic bottles o linden , those were the days ...............................................................................................................................last week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

the local offy does Moosehead - 6 bottles for 7 euro, and its a really nice beer as well! Hangovers are a right pain though, nearly as bad as Miller hangovers :(

I dont think ive ever had a hangover off Miller and thats what I always drink.Heineken is the worst!

i never get hang overs wonder why?......
    i have gotten sick a few time when drunk though

one night in an attempt to empty the fridge I downed a can of heineken , it came straight back up same as it went down and then i kept going , that was sorta mank and i was absolutely dying in work the next day!!Worst hangover ever, the amopunt of drink was juust sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I think back in the day i had a few cans of cheap larger and a naggin. and probably a bacardi breezer orange or two (the shame :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

knacker drinks: dutch gold, carling, bierre d'or (beer of kings i say), and that tesco vodka with the white lable that has vodka written on it. ingredients alcohol + water

propper (have a bit of money) drinks: heinekin, carlsberg, jameson, smirnoff

and that tesco vodka with the white lable that has vodka written on it. ingredients alcohol + water
    i love that stuff!!!
    put some on yer finger ,rub a wall and watch as the paint comes off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

recommend Brute. Tastes just like Absinthe and has all the same effects as it, or any chap aftershaves. You really can drink it. Once you water it down enough and mix it with washing up liquid. Belive it or not you can also ferment White spirits in to wine. Once you have four years of Apllied chemitry under your belt that is. As for wine Is Paul Mason a person or a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I usually drink fosters, cheapness and quality.

But when I'm really going low, I'd hit a few strongbow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

fave knacker drinking drinks

old skool
    1:linden village(2 litre bottle -"Shotgunned" for apparently extra effect)
    2:Bulmers(back when it was actually strong) see drinking instructions above
    3:Fizzy peach concorde-a favourite of mine when knacker drinking in Belfast!
    3:LCL pis
    4:Carlsberg special brew-a favourite of mine when knacker drinking in London
    5:VP Sherry- for when you absolutely positvely have to get fukkin wrecked & dont have the cash.

Nowadays im supposedly older but not any wiser on the rare occasion when i do go knacker drinkin i usually resort to carrying less so it'll be a bottle of 2 of wine/buckfast or Jive pre-mixed tequila sunrise!!
    Another advantage to being older that a freind of mine revealed to me is that it gets easier to smuggle cans into a pub- bouncers rarely check your bag cos they dont expect You to be smugglin booze in!

p.s. just noticed my spelling mistake on LCL pils above but "pis" is probably closer to the mark!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

all about the buckfast and druids celtic cider...

druids is 1.29 iin tesco, and its 6% so a six pack works out as being the alcoholic equivalent of eight or so cans of lager, and its actually a nicer cider than bulmers is at half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Need at least 1 Tuborg to cover up the taste buds before I can stomach Druids, its too bitter. That said, Tuborg, Druids, and a bottle of un-diluted Ribena/Robinsons etc - €15 for 12 snakebites. Now that is value! :D

Nothing beats mixed Pernod and Cider tho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Bud is my pub beer, however before a night on the piss 6 cans of Bavaria for 7 quid is usually needed to get the wheels in motion. Bavaria isnt a bad beer. Its not Bud, but I prefer it to some of the stuff they sell on tap in the pub tbh

I used to drink Dutch back in the day. Once last November the offy had no Bavaria so we bought Dutch. Christ, we wondered how we used to like that sh1te. Its canned earwax, thats all
    We drank it anyway though

Cheapest beer I ever got was cans of Pils in Dunnes for 50 cent a can. Wasnt bad stuff

As cm tyranny says, working out the difference in strength regarding beer and cider can save you money. Dunnes sells Crofters flagons for 6.50 odd. There is 4.5 pints in each bottle. However, when you take into account the difference between 6% cider and 4.3% beer, you are getting roughly 6 pints of beer for 6.50 :)
    I have heard people say Tesco is better for drink but Im a 10 minute walk from dunnes and a 40 odd minute one from Tesco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kingsize wrote:
    fave knacker drinking drinks

1:linden village(2 litre bottle -"Shotgunned" for apparently extra effect)

I could never get on with linden village back in the day, sooner go for cans of scrumpy jack

2:Bulmers(back when it was actually strong) see drinking instructions above

lol i remember being disgusted when bulmers tried to expand away from their loyal customer base of the homeless and impoverished teenagers :mad: they even took the bull logo off

4:Carlsberg special brew-a favourite of mine when knacker drinking in London

bit pricey in dublin back then, but jesus was it strong, across the water you had all the white thunder type ciders too, vile stuff but cheap as chips

5:VP Sherry- for when you absolutely positvely have to get fukkin wrecked & dont have the cash.

oh f*ck yeah, the litre bottle of schooner from crazy prices, a 1000 homeless dipsos can be wrong! A nagin of that old jamaican rum was another great one to get you off yer tits without leaving you gassy, full and unable to partake in any drunken mischief :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

good old stonehouse or rolling rock for me when times are tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Dutch mold, the true king of the knacker drinkers, get a bust a dutch and walk down the road, people will either smile at ya(cause they've been there too) or you'll get a few dirty looks. get a six pack a heineken or budweiser and head down the road an no one will give you a 2nd glance. it's like wearing your cap up or down.lol.

Pissed quick and easy, bit a rachmaninov vodka from lidl. tis de biz! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I've been drinking Tuborg for a while now. I was getting bored of Bud after drinking it exclusively for years. Still drink it in the pub but it's Tuborg at home or Tiger if I want to spend a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

whatever's cheapest on the night tbh

and i dont knacker drink anymore, do it in a friends house instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

cmcquaid wrote:
    good old stonehouse or rolling rock for me when times are tough

Christ...I recall when the bar I worked in years ago used to sell Rolling Rock for £2.50 a bottle; that was back when a pint would set you back £1.80 lol
    Nice beer though...labatts isn't bad either. Only reason they're cheap is cos no-one buys em. Bud or heineken would be the same if they weren't so popular, and well advertised...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

rolling rock - 24 bottles for €18, cant go wrong!

Advertisement