Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FAN CONTROLLER "WHAT DO YOU THINK"

Options
  • 24-04-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Im think of buying one of these or these the software is meant to be great ...but im wondering has anyone out there seen anything that can control up to 10 fans or even 13 fans ...the case takes 10 but i want to put 3 on each side of the black ice extreme 3 ,which brings it to 13 ...i have the aerogate2 already which will take care of 4 max ...Most of whats on the market seems to to only handle 4 ...if anyone has seen a good one that can handle more than four let me know ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

How r u gonna run the 13 fans??? R they molex r 3 pin?? If 3 pin why not just drop the voltage down on all the fans to 5v r somfin and then just have the fans on the rad hooked up to the aerogate r similar so u can wack up the speed for overclocking. Although with six 120mm fans on the rad u will never need to run them at full wack...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_23_42/products_id/262

Possibly the most expensive fan controller out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

still only 4 fans and some price .......and the one i linked to was able to shut the fans down completely ,it has total control ....,the only thing thats doing my head in is that most of these drive bay fan controllers only do 4 fans ???anybody out there know any that does above four ?????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I have a Vantec NXP301 and I have two fans attached to each dial without any problems. Of course this does mean that each set of two has to run at the same speed which I suppose is what you're trying to avoid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

dubdvd wrote:
    Im think of buying one of these or these the software is meant to be great ...but im wondering has anyone out there seen anything that can control up to 10 fans or even 13 fans ...the case takes 10 but i want to put 3 on each side of the black ice extreme 3 ,which brings it to 13 ...i have the aerogate2 already which will take care of 4 max ...Most of whats on the market seems to to only handle 4 ...if anyone has seen a good one that can handle more than four let me know ...

My Digital Doc 5+ supports 8 fans, works great.

http://www.twistedmods.com/article.php?artid=276

• Advertisement
Advertisement