Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frist Snaps Of Ati's Sli Mobo From Asus

Options
  • 24-04-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

We are very excited to bring you a world exclusive! Here are the first pictures of RD-400, the dual-graphics solution from ATI that will compete with Nvidia's SLi. We spoke to an Asus representative today who told us that this board was still 2 months away from release, but would support forthcoming graphics cards from ATI with a bridge connector. As with SLi, the ATI solution will deliver additional performance through the use of dual cards, rather than simply more monitors. The board will be for Intel processors, at least initially.
    We are pretty sure that this board wasn't meant to be on show, but Asus' mistake is the bit-tech reader's gain! For now, revel in these pics until we get more out of ATI.

SOME SNAPS ARE HERE
    http://www.bit-tech.net/feature/80/

Now why did,nt i wait for this and stick with good ole INTEL ...
    Here i go again :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Whats that,your thinking of goin back to intel?.............................
    Want to see what happens with SLi profiles on ATI and will they have similar problems like some of the nVidia setups?

ATI & Intel
    AMD & nVidia

"The Great Divide"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i was only joking ...im not changing again for a good while @ least 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Why would you want to go with an Intel for gaming performance at all?

I mean there is nforce4 SLI for Intel now, but comparitively the AMD's offer much greater performance, I doubt them being ATI cards would make much of a diff.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Well Nvidia better pull a new card out of the bag soon or ATI will hammer them. There is talk of ATI's next card being faster than 2x 6800 Ultra's in SLI mode and thats before consideing running 2 ATI cards in one machine. AMD's advantage in gaming will not be enough to compensate for the performance gap if the rumors are to be believed. However I doubt Nvidia are just twidling there things waiting for the anvil to drop on there heads.

Advertisement