Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No one watch that dam show! ("CELEBRITY" WRESTLING )

• 24-04-2005 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I feel that as a wrestling fan for 21 years, this "CELEBRITY" WRESTLING is taking the you know what of us true wrestling fans!

I have decided to not watch any of the shows, you may ask if I haven't seen it how will I know if it's any good. Well, I have seen who will be on the show, what Celebs will be there and it's a piss take, it's ITV's idea of cashing in on the ideas of WWE's Tough Enough, but with so called CELEBRITY's.......

Yes, it's nice seeing Piper and D-lo Brown, but that's the idea to get us true wrestling fans to watch it................PLEASE if we have any sense we turn our TV's over!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

maxtrax wrote:
    I feel that as a wrestling fan for 21 years, this "CELEBRITY" WRESTLING is taking the you know what of us true wrestling fans!

I have decided to not watch any of the shows, you may ask if I haven't seen it how will I know if it's any good. Well, I have seen who will be on the show, what Celebs will be there and it's a piss take, it's ITV's idea of cashing in on the ideas of WWE's Tough Enough, but with so called CELEBRITY's.......

Yes, it's nice seeing Piper and D-lo Brown, but that's the idea to get us true wrestling fans to watch it................PLEASE if we have any sense we turn our TV's over!
    ^^
    i agree
    its a pile of ****in ****...it aint even ****in wrestling........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

i know i flicked over to it yesterday. Its an embarrasment how they even call it "Wrestling" its definately not wrestling.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

How can you say that it is a bad show for wrestling when an interview this week with a WWE wrestler stated that all matchs are fixed and that the result is know by the two wrestlers and the owner of the WWE beforehand. I mean come on its a complete joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

TCP/IP wrote:
    How can you say that it is a bad show for wrestling when an interview this week with a WWE wrestler stated that all matchs are fixed and that the result is know by the two wrestlers and the owner of the WWE beforehand. I mean come on its a complete joke
    wrestrling fixed??????

seriuosly man.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

TCP/IP wrote:

I'm not aware of any wrestling fan who still believes that it's real. We all know the results are determined beforehand. As long as it's entertaining, who gives a sh*t? Would you bemoan a magician entertaining a crowd because of that jerk in the mask who revealed all the secrets to the tricks? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

My point was how can you condone one wrestling programe and not another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I believe the problem that wrestling fans have with this kind of show is that they are not wrestling. They are re hashin that gladiators show with all the same old events.

The difference is that wrestling (ie WWE) takes a fk load of skill, whereas this show requires different skills altotether. ie the skill of being famous for fking Princess Diana or being in a pop band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

i know its crap and isnt really worth watching but as far as i know its for charity so it has to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I gave it a chance.......disturbing to say the least, its a sad day that Rowdy Roddy Piper is doing that junk a month after being at Mania 21 with Austin and Carlito. I think D-Lo somewhate maintains some pride being a trainer but its still a big drop for such a talented guy, he should of just gone back to his accounting roots till WWE come running back which they should because he was a pretty decent wrestler. It is a poor mans Gladiators. Anyone else think Piper should be rehired as an on screen character for WWE, I think he's a class act. Just if they brought him back he should restrict his in ring work. as for TCP/IP...I'd be more pissed off that they use the word Wrestling for a show that feature no wrestling. It would be like Professional Wrestling calling itself Real(Amateur) Wrestling or Grecco Roman Wrestling.

Advertisement