Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was it what u expected?

Options
  • 24-04-2005 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

how close did u get to your points requirement for the course u want, in the mocks
    i was 50 points short and my socks wer well up my legs for it , gotta study hard!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Errant11235

I was thinking the exact same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

cessy wrote:
    how close did u get to your points requirement for the course u want, in the mocks
    i was 50 points short and my socks wer well up my legs for it , gotta study hard!!

What are you going for? 50 points off should be grand, they mark the mocks harder and you have a while yet to get some more study in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

multimedia i got 390 but i know the course is only 420(i say only 420 quite high for me ) but i aiming for bout 440 our mocks were really badly marked not like really easy or hard just totally inconsistent in a lot of subjects so its hard to go by my results aaaaaaaaaarrgh!! damn hired students!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

i got 15 points over but then you dont know if thats something to go by with little teacher hints here and there.

• Advertisement

I got 150 points over, but thats because I have Science in UCD as my first choice. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

25points under my first choice but i did better in the pres then i will in the leaving, due to my teacher's 'oh-so-subtle-hints' and taking "mocks hints" from the leaving cert forum!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

90 points less than I need. Arrgh!! Although, my one comfort is that I did night-before cramming for the mocks - and now I am actually working. So hopefully I'll get that 560 I'm aiming for.

Hate the points system! Rrrrgghh!!!

Fishie wrote:
    90 points less than I need. Arrgh!! Although, my one comfort is that I did night-before cramming for the mocks - and now I am actually working. So hopefully I'll get that 560 I'm aiming for.

Hate the points system! Rrrrgghh!!!

I guess I WILL see you in Science then!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

I got 1 A, 3 Bs, 1 C and 1 D, all at Higher, so it was about 420 points in total. About 130-5 short of the points I need for Pharmacy in RCSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

410 points. I was delighted because in tests before this I was getting in the low 300s.
    Its 5 points above what I need (Finance and Venture Mgt in Maynooth), however I got a C3 in pass Maths and you need a B3 so I would`nt have got into the course with that. hmm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I got 485 I need to make it up above 500 to be safe, I'm worried about failing french though and therefore not get my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I honestly found the mocks to bear no resemblance to the real thing. I got 45% in my english mock, and then got an A1 in the real thing. Just view the mocks as one of many tests on the road to getting to college, not an indicator of the points you will get.

Focus on getting the course you want. I went to UCC through CK403 (Chem/Phys/Math, it's gone now). That year I needed something in the region of 400 methinks, but I had 580.

I wish I could tell you all to relax, forget the hype about points and just do your best. But I'm not naive and I know points are important. But they are not the be all and end all. And I wouldn't dream of predicting from the mocks. Just use the mocks as an indicator of the subjects you need to focus on.

Best of luck to everyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I'm 195 points over in my pres hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

D-generate, if you're still aiming for elec eng, then you really shouldn't have any probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

dudara wrote:
    That year I needed something in the region of 400 methinks, but I had 580.

Nice one, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah I'm still going for the old Elec Eng in UCC. Its pretty cool to not have the stress that the medicine people have in needing to get the points but also it breeds a bit of complacency. Can't have it all I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I got 150 points over, but thats because I have Science in UCD as my first choice. :rolleyes:
    Would you think about going for the scholarship? I'm going for a UCD arts derivative (Comp Sci) and I got around 110 over. Hoping I can get the scholarship though

Advertisement