Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Random Rebooting

• 24-04-2005 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

Sometime when I connect my ipod (via the dock) or put a dvd into the dvd rewriter my pc just restarts. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?? I running on Widows XP SP2.

Cheers

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emaherx

random reebooting can be caused by many problems.
    some possibiltys are a virus, hardware conflict or even insuficent cooling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Microsoft claim that that the next version will reboot 70% less.
    They've being saying something similar about all new widows releases though.

Try safe mode , make sure all drivers are microsoft apporved but without an error message it's trail and error. What does it say on the blue screen or when you run eventvwr or does it just go black ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Possibly a power supply issue. Note that it dies when power consumption is unusually high.

Advertisement