Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Preformance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

16Mb and NCQ makes up the difference of 10Krpm of Raptors. Get the 250Gb but Im not convinced about Maxtors reliablity, never will be. Look at the Seagates instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i can recommend maxtors, thats really all i use due to good prices, i have 4-5 drives at the moment over 2 years and not a bother. And ive also heard that the diamondmax 10's with 16meg and ncq are nearly as good as raptors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Thanks. Maxtors it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

maxtor suck 2 of there sata's failed on me after 1/2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

it just depends, it could happen on any drive, ive had loads of them in my time and not a problem. Its just pot luck i think. I dont think they are any worse then any other brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

ya with 16mb of cache they benchmark about the same as the 36gig Raptors, which is not to bad at all considering the only reason you would get a raptor is for speed. Only thing i don’t like is the noise out of them!

Advertisement