Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Newcastle (Scores included)

• 24-04-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

I see Van Nistelrooy has not made the Man Utd 16... fuel to the flames?

Newcastle's midfield line-up is a joke. Milner, Ambrose, Ramage (?), and N'Zogbia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

1-0 Newcastle. Ambrose.

Howard has been woefull so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Anyone got a Winamp feed? I'm going by Sky Sports Centre on the Web at the moment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The wheels are falling off! Can't belive the Magpies defense won't crumble at some point.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

omg howard is a waste of space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Heinze off, looks really bad :eek:

Ronaldo on!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

mr_angry wrote:
    Newcastle's midfield line-up is a joke. Milner, Ambrose, Ramage (?), and N'Zogbia.

Awful midfield that, says alot about Uniteds though that Ambrose can score v them.

Heinze missed the challenge. Looks like he will miss FA cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Says nothing about the United midfield, says loads about the United goalkeeper.

Heinze looks seriously injured, when I saw it in slow motion I thought it was broken, hope he doesn't missed the final :/ Fans player of the year for United i'd say.

I managed to find a feed in the end. United seem to be being stingy with their half-time entertainment this season though - nothing happening yet!

Nice goal by Rooney.

28 million is about right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah sh1te!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I think I was a kick out of frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

any chance of a link to a feed?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Nice goal by Rooney.

Slight understatement. Fantastic strike!!

Yeah, that's about 2.8 million per goal. Well worth the money :rolleyes:

What the hell are they doing bringing on Kleberson!!! :confused:

yeh, and if he does it for 10 more years, 10 goals a year, which I think both of us know he'll do more than that, it'll be 280k a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:
    28 million is about right

*edit, just read above*. it's quantity not quality that counts though.

Feed:
    http://66.246.218.58:8000/;stream.nsv

Went to the toilet, missed the goal first-time round. :)

Saw it in the replay there though.

Booou****ingyeah!

• Advertisement

2-1 Man Utd, first league goal for Wes Brown. Bog standard headed corner

Smith is about to go another game without a shot on target :/

Shay has miskicked twice in this match, Howard only once :)

all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

oh the shame of it all!!!!

I'm ashamed to be a newcastle supporter at the minute!!!

Souness has to go, has to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

one of the best goals ive ever seen from rooney. sensational. now i know why 27m was paid for him. thats undefendable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

excellent goal. utd really needed it. ive been very impressed with rooney the last two games, thought he worked really hard against everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

smemon wrote:
    one of the best goals ive ever seen from rooney. sensational. now i know why 27m was paid for him. thats undefendable.

A convert, I never had any doubt about Rooney, He'll prove to be worth ever penny they paid for him and more. Not for one or two spectacular goals he has scored this season but for the ability to finish such chances as he did today.

I hope heinze is ok I didn't see teh game but was listening to it. Sounded nasty.
    Apaprently Ruud is injured to or at least tahts the official line. Could be an intesting summer ahead for united fans. I see the tabloids linking some AraSheik to a takeover. Probably more tabloid rubbish but who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I cant believe some people criticise Rooney. Hes done very well in his first year. It was a lot of money to pay for anyone but given his age and his undoubted talent (as demonstrated today) it was definately money well spent.

• Advertisement

I cant believe some people criticise Rooney. Hes done very well in his first year. It was a lot of money to pay for anyone but given his age and his undoubted talent (as demonstrated today) it was definately money well spent.

Agree with you there.He is so hyped in the press I think people forget he is only 19 and still learning the game. If he continues to develop as he has by the time he is 26/27 he will be some player. As I have said many time he is the nearest I have seen to a Shearer and IMO is probably even better than Shearer was at 19.

United need to keep a close eye on his personal life though which is a problem Shearer never had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ive been impressed with rooney recently, there's a Gazza about him, but will it end in tears especially with fergie going this year or next( Its going to happen sometime).

Other then that Utd were pot. If you cant create chances against that newcastle side then its not hard to see that utd's midfield needs a complete overhall. And i mean 3 new players!!!

Heinze's injury looked terrible, could be a broken ankle.Out for the rest of the season id say(If i was PHB id be cheering here but i hate to see footballers getting injured like that). Best XI v Best XI thats what it is about.

Oh and ruud being injured all of a sudden....suspicious if u ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Heinze latest: X-ray shows no break or fracture. Utd medical staff to assess the injury in the morning.

Shearer was no where near the player Rooney is when he was 19. Shearer didnt really hit the big time until 1992, when he was 22.

The thing with Rooney, and which has not been seen (in an English player) since Le Tissier, is that he is techniqually gifted. His long range shooting is stunning, his touch is sweet, and his feet are quick.

Shearer was no where near the player Rooney is when he was 19. Shearer didnt really hit the big time until 1992, when he was 22.

The thing with Rooney, and which has not been seen (in an English player) since Le Tissier, is that he is techniqually gifted. His long range shooting is stunning, his touch is sweet, and his feet are quick.

Very true, I was being diplomatic as I didn't want to go upsetting the Magpies twice in the one day so I didn't want to say that Rooney was better.

We'll have to frame this thread JT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shearer for player manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Stekelly wrote:
    Shearer for player manager.

Can't be any worse than Souey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

heinze fell very awkwardly on his ankle, in the replay i thought for certain he'd broken it, at least twisted it. nasty one and although x-rays might show no fracture heinze isnt one to stay down if he's not badly injured. i reckon he'll be out for a few weeks anyway.

rooney has been poor at times this season. gone missing and was a liability in the side, much like ruud was for some time. that frustrated me as we had them 2 starting with smith who was on fire when he was playing on the bench. but when you can do things like that today i can see why fergie starts him all the time, just to have him on the pitch.

ruud was left out, against n'castle in the cup he looked very sharp and alert but then couldnt do it against everton. i agree he should be dropped if he's not fit and hungry. n'castle in the semi's of the fa cup and everton away in a pretty meaningless league game to utd could tell us perhaps his lack of fitness isnt physical.

The Muppet wrote:
    We'll have to frame this thread JT ;)
    No we definately shouldnt.

Sorry all this agreement was too much! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Absolutely stunning goal by Rooney !!! Carr dismissed him as he was giving the Ref some lip next thing . . bam !! . . it was like "hang on a sec till deal with this ref . . bam . . now where was I ? As Andy Gray said it was pure talent . . instinctive !!!

Other than that a terrible game, Heinze's injury looked bad, he'll be sorely missed no doubt. Kleberson was very active when he came on, it seemed that every time a United player was on the telly it was him from when he came on . . . at least he tries . . . unlike some . . Ferdinand until after the first goal anyone ??

What was the story with Keano ? The Ref was indicating a problem with Roys vision, should we be worried ? Did he get a wollop from Shearer or something ?

ZEN

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Goal here. Almost as good as Safri's for Norwich in midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Thanks for that pickarooney, good work.

Advertisement