Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Question

• 24-04-2005 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Our block was recently kitted out with wireless broadband from eircom, its not slow nor is it lightingly fast....average d/l speed is 30-40 kbps....

Problem is it wont let me access any of my email accounts whatsoever and various other sites, ive checked around and its the same for every1 else.

Its a LAN so my guess is it could be the server but copy/paste is the extent of my computer expertiese, there is no administrator contactable and the landlord dosnt want to know.

anyone have an answer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Can you be more specific about what you cannot access, can you access the accounts in a browser, or is it from a client, they might have blocked smtp,pop and imap ports possibly, or you may be all going through some sort of proxy or something.

Perhaps its set up crap, or merely some sites/content is being stopped

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sounds like a dsl divvied up on wifi , cost ? pls and do you pay eircom direct or your landlord . ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

JNive wrote:
    Can you be more specific about what you cannot access, can you access the accounts in a browser, or is it from a client, they might have blocked smtp,pop and imap ports possibly, or you may be all going through some sort of proxy or something.

Perhaps its set up crap, or merely some sites/content is being stopped

cannot access accounts through my browser , its going through a proxy alrite, i know that much but it was set up in a rush...so it probably was set up crap.
    there is no filter as far as im aware of.
    sponge bob wrote:
    sounds like a dsl divvied up on wifi , cost ? pls and do you pay eircom direct or your landlord . ???

paid the landlord €120 in september, that was to cover an academic year worth of surfing...however it only got sorted last month so me will be seeking some compensation!

all in all its just a pain...i do my emailing in the college and my downloading from my pc. why cant things be easy for once :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

paid the landlord €120 in september, that was to cover an academic year worth of surfing..:mad:

Its one of these

Your landlord paid €250 for it up front and about €65 a month to run it...for how many flats exactly , nice earner or what :)

Blame a money mad landlord not €ircon

Advertisement