Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book for sale: Programming Microsoft.NET

Options
  • 24-04-2005 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

As above, "programming Microsoft.net" by Jeff Prosise. Brand new, hardback. 35 euro can meet up in dublin.

http://tinyurl.com/cedur

Some reviews of it

"This is much more than an okay book. It's simply the very best "programming" book on .NET. Once you've learned your .NET language of choice, which really should be C#, then you need a book like this one to explore and understand the .NET Framework. Trust me, you will not find a better one. I know, I've tried at least 6 other books of this scope. Yes, it does concentrate much more ASP.NET, so much so that I consider it also the best ASP.NET book out there. It's obviously not an advanced-level book, so you'll need to explore the subject further.

The main reason I like this book is because the writing is just so crystal clear and well organized. This author knows how to teach. Concepts flow from general to details superfluously. And the examples are so well chosen that it's a pleasure to read."

"I had just bought this book after reading Jeffrey Richter's Applied .NET Programming and Petzold's C# books. I really liked the way the book read, it was very clear and I don't remember ever feeling like I didn't 'get' what I had just read. His discussion on ASP.NET was one of the better parts of the book. It was more heavily weighted to ASP.NET's background info ie what's really happening behind the scenes, but ASP.NET is so different from old school ASP, that I think it was a great discussion. Every book I've got from the Wintellect crowd has pleased me, and this one is no exception."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Is this one of the Free ones from MSDN?

Advertisement