Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Silencer 3 problem

Options
  • 24-04-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know ive been having problems with my curret gfx card fans.
    Basically they randomly stop and start spinning and i cant figure out why.

Anyway i bought this. Removed old hsf without a problem and was attaching the ati silencer when i noticed that the power connector that you plug into the gfx card is a different size than the default Asus one (about 30-50% larger). Has anyone ever run into this problem before and been able to relatively easily fix it?

I was thinking as well that the lack of spinning may not be down to the fan but actually power getting to it from the gfx card/ Is there any connector (or other fans) that will allow me to plug it directly into the psu power.

Any help would be highly appreciaed it as i really dont wanna have to replace the whole gfx card because of a fan spinning problem.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Do you mean the connection that you plug the new fans power supply in to?

I had a 9800 pro and the connector was one pin short when I was installing my arctic silencer. I just pluged it in and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

the connector on the silencer has the pin holes more spaced out than the ases plug that u plug it into on the gfx card so just plugging it in wont work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I think i remember seeing something on this before and it involved cutting the cable on the new and attaching the old connection. Don't quote me on that though. Are the wires the same?

BloodBath

Yer i was already pondering if this was possible but i wouldnt be sure how to do it.
    Wires are the same.

Any ideas how i'd go about doing this?

do i just need to twist the ends together or what? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just apply a standard 3-pin connector and use this as a chance to hook it up to a fanbus, with a thermal sensor monitoring the GPU temp.

• Advertisement

Well i finally got ti working.

I just cut the cable and attached it to the psu using one of those wire joiner thingy's. Seems to be working at the moment but no idea what temps im getting yet. Will give it a bash at 2k4 and see what temps i get.

Cheers againt for suggestions and help.

Advertisement