Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PC crashes while installing ISDN modem

• 24-04-2005 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi I'm trying to install a USB ISDN modem onto a 3Gz machine with XP SP2 home edition. The 'ISDN Adapter' installs but at the end of the 'ISDN WAN Adapter' I get a BSOD, the main message of this is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had no trouble installing the same device on my own machine, 1.7Gz XP SP2 pro edition.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Caixa

Have you tried checking for an updated version of the driver on the manufacturer's site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What ISDN USB device is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

The problem is there is no brand name on the modem or cd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

OK. On the CD there should be a .INF file. Open it and do a search for "USB\VID_" (without the quotes). When you find the line, send the rest of the line. In other words, you should be able to find something like:
    USB\VID_XXXX&PID_ZZZZ

That will tell you the manufacturer and the device (after some googling)

Advertisement