Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First phone line - ISDN

Options
  • 24-04-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My house is currently serviced with a phoneline which is an extension from my father's business next door. Knowing that broadband is unlikely to be available to me for the foreseeable future, I've decided to get an ISDN line installed in our house. Since this install will essentially be a "first time" install in the house, I was wondering if it was possible to order ISDN straight away as opposed to getting a normal PSTN line and then upgrading to ISDN at a later date. I was also wondering as to what the standard charges for new installs were these days. Is it €130 as quoted by eircom.ie?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is possible to get ISDN first without pstn. If you get a PSTN line first you will have to pay €100 to upgrade to ISDN. Make sure the Eircom muppet orders ISDN.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Bond-007 wrote:
    It is possible to get ISDN first without pstn. If you get a PSTN line first you will have to pay €100 to upgrade to ISDN. Make sure the Eircom muppet orders ISDN.

That's good to hear, thank you :)

Advertisement