Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice one werd!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

cheers!

we got her to 8% on our 3rd try the first night, but then couldn't do any better. This was with almost a full raid group. Also pre-patch where she was supposedly tougher. TBH i think we could probably kill the pre-patch onyxia as well now because the things she killed us with are still in post-patch onyxia.

The second time we didn't really think we would kill her as we only went in with 30 ppl out of which 1 dropped leaving us with 29 ppl. We just thought we'd practise and see what the "new onyxia was like" and we were shocked getting her to 3% with that number, but it was also heartbreaking to loose out on that. It was basically BAD luck because she did a fear, and our MT got feared into a lava crack for over 1k damage + she breathed on him for over 4k damage and then she hit him as well physically. This combined with the facts that we only had a few healers left alive at this stage and they were feared and unable to heal the MT. So once he died what was left of our party couldn't sustain the DPS and it was gg.

But we persevered and got 35 ppl since a few more members had logged on and managed to get her down one or two attempts later. Was really good fun though it sucked that she dropped 2 x Nemesis cap (warlock set) but she also dropped a very nice off hand caster item (prolly best in game) and her head, which I won with spending 100 points and a roll of 99 (yay), to exchange for the very nice ring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i disagree, onyxia has been nerfed around 3 times now, she dosent even do the floor incinerate anymore which was devestating if people didnt get onto the walls, and her fireball spits arent effective at all as to what they were before, they used to big damage to the person hit and anyone around them

its really very easy to do now

i Never fought ONyxia 1.0 afaik no one actually killed her back then until the first "nerf" after which people began to be able to kill her.

I dunno what u mean by the floor incenrate, but in phase 3 the floor lava fires up right after a fear and burns everyone for massive damage, so yes that's still in game.

I think you are also disregarding the fact that people have over time learned onyxia and so that makes it easier. Any encounter is easy once people learn how to beat it and know what they are doing. The difficulty is just in learning it :P

In the beginning entire guilds used to wipe to the onyxian warders at the entrnace to her lair and therefore declared the encounter impossible. AFAIK those warders haven't changed one bit. Only people were too stupid and stood all in the range of the warders fighting two of them at a time and wiping to the aoe's.

We've had people declare Kazzak impossibly hard on our server even though we've killed him about 7 times now and a few times with 35 or less people in the group. OFC we thought he was pretty tough too initially when we were learning the encounter, and when we first killed him there was very little if any info out there about his abilities etc. in game, unlike onyxia who has a detailed guide posted about her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I am prolly disregarding everyone and their aunty knowing the strategy but trust me, before the last two patches it was a whole differant onyxia, in phase 2, she used breath fire across the floor, and its blast radius was the entire floor, thus the incinerate name for it, it did around 2k-3k damage to anyone on the floor, you had to move to the side of the walls, she used shout something before she did it, but it was totally random, and usually happened 3 or 4 times, it was rough.

And her fireballs in phase 2 did WAAAaay more damage and anyone near would also be without doubt killed if they didnt move snappy

The fact is molton core, onyxia, even ragnaros, have all been nerfed massively, you may know ragnaros was killed yesterday.. and taken very low on the test servers in testing, and i think its a shame, even the damn brazillians on my server can kill onyxia now =/

"BOLOG DOWN!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

sad to hear ragnaros has been nerfed :-[

was kind of cool having a boss mob that could not be taken down easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

BArra wrote:
    I am prolly disregarding everyone and their aunty knowing the strategy but trust me, before the last two patches it was a whole differant onyxia, in phase 2, she used breath fire across the floor, and its blast radius was the entire floor, thus the incinerate name for it, it did around 2k-3k damage to anyone on the floor, you had to move to the side of the walls, she used shout something before she did it, but it was totally random, and usually happened 3 or 4 times, it was rough.

And her fireballs in phase 2 did WAAAaay more damage and anyone near would also be without doubt killed if they didnt move snappy

She still does the incinerate thing, but only if people clump up together too much. If everyone spreads out properly there's much less chance she will do it.

The fireballs are a direct-damage attack with a small AE, no DoT and they hit for about 2k I think - easy to survive them and bandage afterwards. If they used to be more like Magmadar's spit that would be annoying, but not massively more difficult tbh.

BArra wrote:

The fact is molton core, onyxia, even ragnaros, have all been nerfed massively, you may know ragnaros was killed yesterday.. and taken very low on the test servers in testing, and i think its a shame, even the damn brazillians on my server can kill onyxia now =/

"BOLOG DOWN!"

again it's the case of people learning how she works.

The firebreath is still there and wipes everyone when she does it unless u are on the walls at the right position. But there is a way to avoid the firebreath if your positioning is correct. That's prolly what people have learned to do.

The fire spit is the same. It hits everyone around a certain target, if u spread out u can avoid that. and only one person would be hit at a time..

I'm glad ragnaross was "nerfed" he was actually UN KILLABLE before this patch and just there as a "Place holder". Now that a good few ppl cleared to him and got him to spawn it was about time blizzard made him killable. I bet he is well hard though :)

Also it's not a shame, it's a good thing. WoW is designed for the casual gamer in mind. And the reason some of this stuff was so hard initially was to slow down the hardcore /uber guilds while blizzard add in more content. Next patch blackwing lair will be the new challenge which is prolly why MC has been nerfed now.
    THe problem is that end game PvE WoW was too much like everquest and not like early/mid game WoW. This is a clever and set pattern by blizzard.

Make the end game hard so only a few can achieve it initially. Like getting only 1 drak blood every UBRS run, and everything being insane/impossible to kill etc. This keeps the hardcore gamers happy. Then as more people catch up, they make stuff more accessable for casual gamers to attempt the content.

The hardcore players still get stuff first and have bragging rights. but now the casual games can enjoy the content too. A win-win IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

It's a shame ragnaros was nerfed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

hopefully there will be a dragon like the one in lineage 2 that apparently takes 50 level 100's to kill. but atm the highest level afaik is 80 or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Lineage players are a level of insanity we can't even imagine. This is what I like about WoW. Even the semi-casual can do the high end stuff. Memnoch was organising pickup raids for MC on our US server before EU release. Can't picture that happening in any other MMORPG.

Plus everybody will get to 60 eventually, it may take months and months but with rest exp and no exp loss you're bound to get there some time if you want.

• Advertisement

We've cleared up to Geddon now.

Shazzrah, golemag and sulfuron left :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Caliden wrote:
    hopefully there will be a dragon like the one in lineage 2 that apparently takes 50 level 100's to kill. but atm the highest level afaik is 80 or something

The makers of the game have said it should be done with around 200 level 100's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Memnoch wrote:
    The firebreath is still there and wipes everyone when she does it unless u are on the walls at the right position. But there is a way to avoid the firebreath if your positioning is correct. That's prolly what people have learned to do.

You're only half right about that, to prevent Onyxia from doing her "deep breath" incinerate thing you gotta keep the DPS steady, i.e not delaying pushing her into phase 3 for ressing etc. In previous patches you couldn't prevent her from doing it, she simply randomly incinerated. Sometimes only once an encounter sometimes she could suddenly do it 4 times in a row. Along with her phase 2 fireballs not conflagging people anymore this is a huge nerf. She is definitely far far easier than she used to be.

BOLOG DOWN =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This thread came back from the dead? Don't do that, sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Funky wrote:
    . She is definitely far far easier than she used to be.
    BOLOG DOWN =/
    You missed how old the thread is ;) We'll be killing her 20 man soon, Blizzard have even said it's possible with 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Hah good point didn't read the date :P

Yeah she really is a bit of a joke... Bring on Deathwing.

Advertisement